The Student Room Group

Getting Stoned

What does everyone think about stoners, weed and the general subject?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm really anti weed, and I'm not a fan of people that smoke it generally.
My girl smokes weed. One of two things I don't like but oh well.
Reply 3
Original post by ldsbabe

Your reason being?

Not that I'm 'pro' but at the same time I don't understand why people get so worked up about other people doing it? Not to start a flame war but it's their life and their decision after all.
Reply 4
Original post by ldsbabe

Why's that?
420 blaze it
Reply 6
I see stoners like drunks - some are fun and a laugh to be around and some annoy the hell out of you.

I've got no problem with people doing weed, its their own choice. I've tried it before in the past when I was younger but it gave me panic attacks and made me feel like crap so I just stay away from it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by bittr n swt
My girl smokes weed. One of two things I don't like but oh well.

I remember having a boyfriend ask me to stop. Ridiculous.

It's nice you're not too bitter about her doing it.
Also, if you don't mind me asking, what's the 2nd thing you don't like?
Reply 8
Original post by Yasmin25
I see stoners like drunks - some are fun and a laugh to be around and some annoy the hell out of you.

I've got no problem with people doing weed, its their own choice. I've tried it before in the past when I was younger but it gave me panic attacks and made me feel like crap so I just stay away from it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's about right ahaa. I got some joke stoner mates and some that make my ears bleed.

Doesn't work for some people. My mate was a stoner and then one day had a bad feeling in his heart went to the hospital and he couldn't smoke no more because of a hole in his heart of some **** :beer: now he's an alcoholic :ahee: (kidding)
Original post by cara12
I remember having a boyfriend ask me to stop. Ridiculous.

It's nice you're not too bitter about her doing it.
Also, if you don't mind me asking, what's the 2nd thing you don't like?

Well yeah it didn't stop me asking her out.

She also smokes cigarettes. Again not my thing.
Original post by Oh Hi
Your reason being?

Not that I'm 'pro' but at the same time I don't understand why people get so worked up about other people doing it? Not to start a flame war but it's their life and their decision after all.

Original post by cara12
Why's that?

Mainly because I'm anti drug generally, and I do believe cannabis to be a gateway drug. I think that weed is so downplayed, it's super addictive and it ruins peoples lives. I'm not saying some people can't smoke it recreationally and live normally though. It's just not for me.
Original post by ldsbabe
Mainly because I'm anti drug generally, and I do believe cannabis to be a gateway drug. I think that weed is so downplayed, it's super addictive and it ruins peoples lives. I'm not saying some people can't smoke it recreationally and live normally though. It's just not for me.

It's not 'super addictive'. It's much less addictive than alcohol and cigarettes.
Original post by PythianLegume
It's not 'super addictive'. It's much less addictive than alcohol and cigarettes.

I didn't say it wasn't. You can't deny that people don't get addicted to weed though. Some people's lives literally revolve around weed and getting high.
Reply 13
Original post by bittr n swt
Well yeah it didn't stop me asking her out.

She also smokes cigarettes. Again not my thing.

Ah, yeah fags are gross. I smoke them but I know how gross they are.
I'm sure she's a lucky lady :smile:
Original post by ldsbabe
I didn't say it wasn't. You can't deny that people don't get addicted to weed though. Some people's lives literally revolve around weed and getting high.

I hardly think you can absolve people of all blame and make it seem like weed is the problem, not their inability to be safe around it. It's about as addictive as caffeine.
Original post by PythianLegume
I hardly think you can absolve people of all blame and make it seem like weed is the problem, not their inability to be safe around it. It's about as addictive as caffeine.

Just my opinion.
I'm completely neutral in my thoughts towards it. I had many friends at school and college who smoked, but it was never my thing. I understand why people like it, and can understand why people wouldn't.

It'll never be something I'll be interested in doing though.

But I think people who just slag it off and brand users 'dirty drug addicts' or words to that effect, are ignorant.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by ldsbabe

Fair enough. I always used to say it wasn't a gateway drug but it is, unfortunately. I don't think it ruins people's lives necessarily- it's not a drug where you end up stealing from your parents to get a 10 bag (unless you're already a douche).

I also think people with addictive personalities have more chance of moving on to stronger highs and being addicted to the stuff.
Original post by ldsbabe

It's not addictive at all unless you do it regularly. Loads of British teenagers or young people go to Amsterdam for example and smoke weed but don't get addicted. I can vouch for that.

And it's not downplayed really, it is illegal in this country.
Reply 19
Original post by ldsbabe
Just my opinion.

He has a point. I got friends who do MD and they take it like they're beginners, just going crazy doing too much and not being safe. Moderation and safety bro!

Quick Reply

Latest