Original post by Wahid1
Hey guys,

GCSEs 9A* 3As
AS AAAAB (B in dropped subject)
A2 prediction: A*A*A*A

UKCAT 705

Should I risk applying to Manchester?

Its not a risk, you'll be fine
Is it possible to modify the poll by diversifying the range of scores (eg. 600, 620, 640)? I just really need to see what the scores of applicants will be like this year...
Reply 82
I've had a change of heart with one of my choices and I am now considering replacing it with Manchester :smile:

I know that the top 1000 UKCAT scorers will have their PS marked - how many of these 1000 applicants will be invited to interview? Based on last year, about 850 applicants were invited to interview so wouldn't that mean that as long as I make it within the top 1000, I'm pretty much guaranteed an interview (85% chance)?
Reply 83
Original post by Mehhhh
I've had a change of heart with one of my choices and I am now considering replacing it with Manchester :smile:

I know that the top 1000 UKCAT scorers will have their PS marked - how many of these 1000 applicants will be invited to interview? Based on last year, about 850 applicants were invited to interview so wouldn't that mean that as long as I make it within the top 1000, I'm pretty much guaranteed an interview (85% chance)?

I'd say so!
Original post by Mehhhh

Hi there!

What did you get on the ukcat?
I should get an interview as I have 760 ukcat and my ps was well revieved by unis last year, and I love the uni...but as a resitter my offer would be an A* in chem which is gonna be so tough!

Decisions....
Reply 86
Original post by Dr. Django
I should get an interview as I have 760 ukcat and my ps was well revieved by unis last year, and I love the uni...but as a resitter my offer would be an A* in chem which is gonna be so tough!

Decisions....

Have you applied yet? If not please pick Manchester- cannot recommend it enough! :colondollar: Having the time of my life up here and the course is so well structured and taught :biggrin:

Dont worry about the A* in chem- you can do it!
Original post by joeymr
Have you applied yet? If not please pick Manchester- cannot recommend it enough! :colondollar: Having the time of my life up here and the course is so well structured and taught :biggrin:

Dont worry about the A* in chem- you can do it!

Only signed on to UCAS today xD I think I will apply, it's just chemistry has always been my worst subject at school so it's scary xD

Glad to hear you're loving it, I guess if I'm only doing 1 subject (maybe 2 maximum) I should have a decent shot at the A*!
Reply 88
Original post by Inglisred
Hi there!

What did you get on the ukcat?

errr... 705 :smile:
Original post by Mehhhh
errr... 705 :smile:

You should be fine :smile:
Reply 90
Hey guys, I'm a gap year applicant (First time applying to Manchester). My stats are:

GCSE: 2A* 9As B
A Level (achieved): A*AAa
UKCAT: 717.5 (2870) Band 1

I have so much work experience...so much :P I have a decent amount of volunteer work.
Is it worth the risk of applying?

Thanks!
Original post by Shib147
Hey guys, I'm a gap year applicant (First time applying to Manchester). My stats are:

I have so much work experience...so much :P I have a decent amount of volunteer work.

Thanks!

Wouldn't say it's risky at all! Top 1000 UKCAT (which you are 99% likely to be in) get PS read and from there 850-900 ish interviews happen...so if you have lots of work exp and reflect on it well you should get an interview
Reply 92
Wouldn't say it's risky at all! Top 1000 UKCAT (which you are 99% likely to be in) get PS read and from there 850-900 ish interviews happen...so if you have lots of work exp and reflect on it well you should get an interview

I really hope so...I don't know what I would do if I don't get into medicine again..I couldn't go through the UKCAT again haha

Thanks for the replies! :biggrin:
Original post by Shib147
I really hope so...I don't know what I would do if I don't get into medicine again..I couldn't go through the UKCAT again haha

Thanks for the replies! :biggrin:

No probs :smile: with your stats this time round you're gonna get a couple of interviews minimum so your chances are high!

At least it's better than finding out on August 15th that you will have to redo ukcat as you got A*ABB rather than AAAB with the B in chem being stupidly close xD

#ResitWoes

Good luck
Reply 94
No probs :smile: with your stats this time round you're gonna get a couple of interviews minimum so your chances are high!

At least it's better than finding out on August 15th that you will have to redo ukcat as you got A*ABB rather than AAAB with the B in chem being stupidly close xD

#ResitWoes

Good luck

Thank you, I really appreciate the help :biggrin: And oooh sounds rough! I thought my gap year would be so chilled out but alas, I was so wrong. I'm so busy all the time!
Hi,

I am 3rd year biomed predicted a 1st (or high 2:1). I got 2610 (652.5) in my ukcat - I am aware that this is not the best but UKCAT. I have decent work experience and extra-curricular stuff.

I really need some help as the deadline is quickly approaching. I need some help with choosing my fourth university. My choices:

1 - St Georges GEP
2 - Swansea GEP
3 - Keele 5 year (this because I know they're not too harsh with UKCAT
4 - I don't know (Sheffield, Leicester, Manchester???)

I don't know what my fourth option should be. I probably need it to be a university that's not too strict with UKCAT, but still uses it. I know I make the minimum requirement for Sheffield but I also know that it is very competitive. I'm not 100% sure about other unis. I know ukcat overall is lower this year, but does anyone have any suggestions about a fourth university I should apply to?

Somebody please help me out.

Thanking you guys in advance,

document35

ps I'd LOVE to go Manchester uni
Original post by document35
Hi,

I am 3rd year biomed predicted a 1st (or high 2:1). I got 2610 (652.5) in my ukcat - I am aware that this is not the best but UKCAT. I have decent work experience and extra-curricular stuff.

I really need some help as the deadline is quickly approaching. I need some help with choosing my fourth university. My choices:

1 - St Georges GEP
2 - Swansea GEP

I don't know what my fourth option should be. I probably need it to be a university that's not too strict with UKCAT, but still uses it. I know I make the minimum requirement for Sheffield but I also know that it is very competitive. I'm not 100% sure about other unis. I know ukcat overall is lower this year, but does anyone have any suggestions about a fourth university I should apply to?

document35

Well, you have the 2600 cut-off for Sheffield :smile:
Reply 97
Original post by document35
Hi,

1 - St Georges GEP
2 - Swansea GEP

document35

Bristol/ Liverpool?
Original post by Shib147

Thanks!

Lol, we actually have identical stats. You probably have more work exp though tbf.

Just curious, where else are you applying?
Reply 99
anyone thinking of applying to manchester as the average has fallen?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending