The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Is it likely I will get in the university of Sheffield's owned accommodation?

Hi guys,
I applied to study civil engineering at the University of Sheffield through clearing and have got in. I recently applied to live in halls and spoke to the accommodation office who told me I'm not guaranteed a place because I went through clearing.
As you can imagine, in my first year I really want to live in Sheffield owned halls and I'm worried I'm not going to get offered a place.
I just want to know if anybody has been in my position before and whether you think I'm likely to get offered a place?
Depends on number of applicants. We had a few blocks/buildings closed a year or two back because there were less people applying - so if that's still the case you'll probably be okay and find some accommodation, there are plenty of flats. There are always other options anyway - worst comes to worst check out propertywithUS. :smile:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by jordanmcglacken
Hi guys,
I applied to study civil engineering at the University of Sheffield through clearing and have got in. I recently applied to live in halls and spoke to the accommodation office who told me I'm not guaranteed a place because I went through clearing.
As you can imagine, in my first year I really want to live in Sheffield owned halls and I'm worried I'm not going to get offered a place.
I just want to know if anybody has been in my position before and whether you think I'm likely to get offered a place?

Hello!

Congratulations - Sheffield's a great place to live!

You've done the right thing and contacted the accommodation team.
It's right that you're not guaranteed a place, but it's nothing to worry about too much as there will be lots of people also in your position.

Now results are out, you could try and contact the accommodation team again and asking for further advice. Just incase you need the number it is : 0114 222 4488, select option 2. You could email them too with your question on [email protected].

Again, congratulations on coming to Sheffield!
As an insurance student i hope for the same. I would prefer to be staying at Endcliffe/Ranmoor however i am not fussed if i get into a UNITE accommodation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending