The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam University Accommodation 2022/23

Accommodation banner.png

Hi all,

Happy New Year! Let’s talk about accommodation!

Ask us any questions about accommodation at Sheffield Hallam on this thread. We’d love to help!

We know that some Sheffield Hallam applicants have started to receive offers for courses starting from September 2022. Please don’t worry if you haven’t heard back yet! You will be contacted by the University over the next few weeks.

Once you’ve received your offer of a place on one of our courses, you can apply for accommodation online. We’ll send you your accommodation offer when your course place has been confirmed.

Here are a few reasons to apply for accommodation through Sheffield Hallam:

:smile: We guarantee to offer you a room in one of our halls of residence.
:smile: We ensure you will live with other Hallam students in popular student areas, near to both our campuses.
:smile: Flexible application process - no obligation to accept any room offered.
:smile: We’re working closely with all our partner accommodation providers to ensure they meet Covid-safe guidance.

See our useful links below to help get you started on finding your perfect student home-from-home:

See more information on how and when to apply for accommodation through Sheffield Hallam - https://www.shu.ac.uk/study-here/accommodation

Explore our range of halls of residence, watch video tours and filter your search through price and facilities - https://www.shu.ac.uk/study-here/accommodation/properties

Also, if you are planning to live at home for uni, don’t hesitate to get in touch to ask us any questions about support available for travel, university life and more.

Good luck with your search and let us know if we can help.
Emily (Official Sheffield Hallam Rep)
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi,
Just sharing this short video with lots of useful information on finding your perfect Sheffield Hallam University Accommodation.
You can also find video tours for a specific Halls of Residence if you head over to our YouTube channel.

Happy searching!
Emily (Sheffield Hallam Rep)

City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Anyone thinking of exchange works, forge or the elements?
i have applied to exchange works and forge. elements felt a bit to cheep to me

Original post by Anonymous
Reply 4
Anyone with information for accommodation for married couples? My husband’s coming with me and so far we haven’t been able to get an accommodation besides Xenia Sovereign NewBank. It’s cool but I’m looking for something nicer. If we don’t find any other, we’ll go with it but until then, any recommendations please?
As a nursing student I will be needing to take my car however there are very few accommodations that offer parking near collegiate campus as the forge is full. Are there any reccomendations
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Hi all,

Happy New Year! Let’s talk about accommodation!

Ask us any questions about accommodation at Sheffield Hallam on this thread. We’d love to help!

We know that some Sheffield Hallam applicants have started to receive offers for courses starting from September 2022. Please don’t worry if you haven’t heard back yet! You will be contacted by the University over the next few weeks.

Once you’ve received your offer of a place on one of our courses, you can apply for accommodation online. We’ll send you your accommodation offer when your course place has been confirmed.

Here are a few reasons to apply for accommodation through Sheffield Hallam:

:smile: We guarantee to offer you a room in one of our halls of residence.
:smile: We ensure you will live with other Hallam students in popular student areas, near to both our campuses.
:smile: Flexible application process - no obligation to accept any room offered.
:smile: We’re working closely with all our partner accommodation providers to ensure they meet Covid-safe guidance.

See our useful links below to help get you started on finding your perfect student home-from-home:

See more information on how and when to apply for accommodation through Sheffield Hallam - https://www.shu.ac.uk/study-here/accommodation

Explore our range of halls of residence, watch video tours and filter your search through price and facilities - https://www.shu.ac.uk/study-here/accommodation/properties

Also, if you are planning to live at home for uni, don’t hesitate to get in touch to ask us any questions about support available for travel, university life and more.

Good luck with your search and let us know if we can help.
Emily (Official Sheffield Hallam Rep)

Hi - not exactly sure how the process works ? Maybe interested in Beton House. If I go directly onto the Homes For Students web site I can just book a room and its guaranteed. But if I book through the Uni they can't guarantee my room in Beton - is this correct ? Also - the uni web site says they are 8 bed roomed town houses but Homes for Students only seems to have 4 rooms sharing a kitchen (not 8) ??
Reply 7
Hi,I'm Looking for someone to take over my tenancy at The Forge - in Sheffield - from 17th September 2022 - 22nd July 2023. The room is a studio premium range 1 (top of the range) and is very specious and well done up. All bills are included within the rent. The room has a double bed and your own kitchen as well as a large desk. Rent is £155 a week. (this price is negotiable as I am in a rush to transfer so I am willing to subsidies some of the rent).email me at [email protected] for anyone interested / for more details.
Original post by Eddie Williams
Hi - not exactly sure how the process works ? Maybe interested in Beton House. If I go directly onto the Homes For Students web site I can just book a room and its guaranteed. But if I book through the Uni they can't guarantee my room in Beton - is this correct ? Also - the uni web site says they are 8 bed roomed town houses but Homes for Students only seems to have 4 rooms sharing a kitchen (not 8) ??

Hi @Eddie Williams,

Our response seems to have disappeared - as such, I wanted to share it again in case you still had any concerns and for anyone else wanting to know more.

Essentially, we don't offer a student a room until they have an 'unconditional firm' offer with us; this is to avoid a situation where a tenancy agreement has been signed and the student is no longer coming to Hallam. We always recommend first years come through Hallam for accommodation, due to the extra support available and the fact we assign them to a flat with suitable students - this is something we work closely with our providers on and Homes for Students should have directed you back to us when contacting them.

We allocate accommodation in date order, so would always recommend applying as soon as possible. We ask for 4 preferences when students apply, so we have something to work with in terms of options - we do try our best to offer the first choice, but this is not always possible.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or queries and be sure to check our Sheffield student guide.

Best wishes,
Luke - Official Sheffield Hallam Rep
Hi everyone!

Don't forget that you can ask us any accommodation-related questions and queries here or via direct message - in addition to visiting our accommodation pages and contacting our Accommodation Services team directly.

We look forward to hearing from you. :smile:
Any help with how to apply for accommodation? I’m coming to SHU through my insurance option, so need to find accommodation ideally near Collegiate Campus.
Any help with how to apply for accommodation? I’m coming to SHU through my insurance option, so need to find accommodation ideally near Collegiate Campus.

Hi @Anonymous #2,

Firstly, congratulations on securing your place and welcome to #TeamHallam! We can't wait to welcome you next month.

Choices of accommodation may be limited, but we still guarantee to find you a university approved place to live. You can apply online for accommodation using the student ID in your offer email. You may need to wait up to 48 hours after getting your offer of a place on a course before you can apply for accommodation. Once you have applied, you will be able to track the progress of your accommodation application on your online account.

Our three closest halls to Collegiate Campus can be found below - you can also view our full portfolio here and our private accommodation listings site here.

Three closest halls to Collegiate Campus:

If you have any additional queries, please do not hesitate to contact our accommodation helpline on 03300 246390 (option 3) [opening times] or contact us via this thread, direct message or on social media.

Take care and see you soon,
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Hi @Anonymous #2,

Firstly, congratulations on securing your place and welcome to #TeamHallam! We can't wait to welcome you next month.

Choices of accommodation may be limited, but we still guarantee to find you a university approved place to live. You can apply online for accommodation using the student ID in your offer email. You may need to wait up to 48 hours after getting your offer of a place on a course before you can apply for accommodation. Once you have applied, you will be able to track the progress of your accommodation application on your online account.

Our three closest halls to Collegiate Campus can be found below - you can also view our full portfolio here and our private accommodation listings site here.

Three closest halls to Collegiate Campus:

If you have any additional queries, please do not hesitate to contact our accommodation helpline on 03300 246390 (option 3) [opening times] or contact us via this thread, direct message or on social media.

Take care and see you soon,

Thank you. That’s been so helpful.
I have a quick question. If my course starts in January instead of September, when is it normal to apply for accommodation? First time at a brick and mortar uni so a bit confused. Thanks!

I’m going forge - do u have snap
Original post by Blevers12
i have applied to exchange works and forge. elements felt a bit to cheep to me

I’m goijg to the forge - do u have snap
Hi, if you're moving in to Sheffield Hallam's accommodation this September, first of all... CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR UNIVERSITY PLACE! :dancing:

You might be starting to think about what you'll need to pack for your move. You can head to our Frequently Asked Questions page and select the What do I need to bring? link at the top of the page to find information on some of the key items we recommend packing.

Drop us a question below about packing for your new home, or anything related to student accommodation.

Thanks,
Emily (official Sheffield Hallam rep)
Original post by Britdevil
I have a quick question. If my course starts in January instead of September, when is it normal to apply for accommodation? First time at a brick and mortar uni so a bit confused. Thanks!

Hi @Britdevil You can apply for accommodation as soon as you've received a course offer from Sheffield Hallam. It doesn't matter if the offer is conditional or unconditional, or if you have made us your firm or insurance choice, you can still apply.

We guarantee a room in halls of residence, but advise that you apply for accommodation as soon as possible for the best chance of securing your preferred halls as the date you apply is taken into consideration when making a room offer.

All offers of accommodation will be made via email and sent to the email address you used to register and apply with. Please ensure this is a personal email and not a school or college email account as you will lose access to it.

You can apply for accommodation through the Sheffield Hallam Accommodation Services website to make sure you're sharing with other Sheffield Hallam students in popular student areas near to both our campuses and have access to all University support services.

You will be required to select four different properties in order of your preference and you can use of the notes section on the application form for any specific preferences or requirements.

You can find out more about the accommodation we offer by visiting our Accommodation page.

I hope this helps and just let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Emily (official Sheffield Hallam rep)
Im thinking about applying for journalism but the halls accommodation doesn't look that close to the uni. I ideally want a uni that is close together but many seem to be isolated buildings in town centres and doesn't give that uni vibe to me.
Original post by Eddie Williams

Hey! @Eddie Williams

I stayed at Beton House last year so hopefully I can help you out here.
Each townhouse (flat) has eight rooms in it and the layout of the actual flat is split into two sides of four. So theres eight people living in the flat in total but each side of the flat has four rooms total, two upstairs and two downstairs. There is a shared kitchen which has two sides to it and two sides of the same appliances. So essentially four rooms are sharing a kitchen because theres two sides to the kitchen but it is one whole room which is split in half. Each side has a fridge, oven, hob, counters, sink, waste-bins and a table and chairs. There's also a communal bit in the middle with sofas where everyone can sit.

Hope this helped, let me know if you have any more questions!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending