The Student Room Group

Worried about uni

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by AbigailLeigh
Okay so to some people this may sound ridiculous but a couple of months ago a friend told me that I wouldn't make any friends at uni because I am overweight and not how people 'should look like' or whatever and as stupid as it sounds the closer it gets to actually moving in to uni it's been playing on my mind a lot more recently and just making me extremely worried, so I was just wondering , is there any truth to what she was saying? Do people ACTUALLY think that way? Again if I'm being ridiculous I do apologise

I hope you are still not 'friends' with that nasty piece of work! Ignore her pathetic comments. This is not true as everyone in uni comes in all different shapes and sizes and they always make one or more friends because others do not care about how much you weigh. Get this off your mind and start looking forward to it! And please throw in the towel with your friend, because she isn't worth it.
Okay so to some people this may sound ridiculous but a couple of months ago a friend told me that I wouldn't make any friends at uni because I am overweight and not how people 'should look like' or whatever and as stupid as it sounds the closer it gets to actually moving in to uni it's been playing on my mind a lot more recently and just making me extremely worried, so I was just wondering , is there any truth to what she was saying? Do people ACTUALLY think that way? Again if I'm being ridiculous I do apologise

When I went to uni I made friends with all people; fat people, strange people, black people, white people, asian people, star-wars loving people, tall people, I could go on forever. You weight in no way will hinder you, what a horrible thing for someone to say, especially when there is no truth in it.
What kind of friend tells you you're fat and not going to make friends at uni? What a load of rubbish. Weight only matters to the most shallow of people, and not only are they a sparse minority, but they are not people you want to be friends with in the first place. You will be absolutely fine. :h:

most people during Uni gain loads of weight, ever heard of "freshers 15(lbs)" so don't worry whatsoever. people make friends due to personality believe me. you'll be fine. nobody i know at uni would not make friends with someone because of anything to do with someone physically it's only how they act. be friendly and you'll have friends :smile:

Check out this book "A Guide to University by Actual Students" on amazon for £1 if you have any other worries because it goes through pretty much everything you can think of.
Thankyou for all the advice/comments it's nice to know when I go to uni people won't have the same opinion as people back home!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending