The Student Room Group

terrified for results day

I mean you can kind of guess but I am terrified for results day and realistically was just looking for some reassurance. I have been enjoying my summer and it's only when I am at home I start to worry about the results, which I'm sure everyone else is experiencing. I was just wondering the likelihood of missing your offer but still going to uni? I'm overthinking sm but I cannot stop???
Original post by onlinegyaah
I mean you can kind of guess but I am terrified for results day and realistically was just looking for some reassurance. I have been enjoying my summer and it's only when I am at home I start to worry about the results, which I'm sure everyone else is experiencing. I was just wondering the likelihood of missing your offer but still going to uni? I'm overthinking sm but I cannot stop???

Hi @onlinegyaah [br] I know exactly how you're feeling. I was in a similar situation waiting for my results and it can be hard to shake off the worry/excitement/nerves.

Distracting yourself is always the best thing like planning some days out or doing things you maybe didn't have time for while you were studying.

But I know sometimes this doesn't get rid of the worries. I found it helpful to still plan and get ready for uni and the upcoming weeks after results day because I found it best to keep a positive attitude that I would receive the grades I wanted. It will only make you more nervous and worried if you're constantly thinking the worst about your results.

If you do get some grades you weren't hoping for, I'd always suggest giving your chosen uni a call on results day as there is a possibility you may still be accepted. And remember, there's always clearing if you don't quite get what you wanted but still want to go to uni this September.

Hope this helps and try your best not to worry. I'm sure you've worked hard so remember to have a rest over the summer.
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU

Quick Reply

Latest