The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

Is York St John uni too small?

Hi,
I am thinking of applying to York St John uni, as I have found a course I like there with realistic entry requirements. But I’m worried that because the uni is small that it might be hard to make friends or find students with similar interests to me, and especially that the societies might be too small to be any good (particularly as I’m considering joining a drama society and sports team at uni, and I’m worried that a small uni might not get enough students to do a full performance/sports match). Does anyone who goes there or to another small uni have advice on this please?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi,
I am thinking of applying to York St John uni, as I have found a course I like there with realistic entry requirements. But I’m worried that because the uni is small that it might be hard to make friends or find students with similar interests to me, and especially that the societies might be too small to be any good (particularly as I’m considering joining a drama society and sports team at uni, and I’m worried that a small uni might not get enough students to do a full performance/sports match). Does anyone who goes there or to another small uni have advice on this please?

Just because it's a smaller uni, doesn't mean it's any less active. On my first day there, I met a friend who's still my friend to this day.

We do reguarly compete against other teams, such as Leeds Trinity and Sunderland, so we do have enough people to make it worth it for a competitive team.

Drama Society is also (at the last time I checked) one of our more popular societies, as well as Musical Production, and a variety of other ones where people can become involved easily with.

To summarise, you do not have to worry about how big the uni is, and if you're worried about fewer people being there, that's not the case with this one.

Andrew
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by YSJstudents
Just because it's a smaller uni, doesn't mean it's any less active. On my first day there, I met a friend who's still my friend to this day.

We do reguarly compete against other teams, such as Leeds Trinity and Sunderland, so we do have enough people to make it worth it for a competitive team.

Drama Society is also (at the last time I checked) one of our more popular societies, as well as Musical Production, and a variety of other ones where people can become involved easily with.

To summarise, you do not have to worry about how big the uni is, and if you're worried about fewer people being there, that's not the case with this one.

Andrew

Thank you, that’s great to hear!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending