The Student Room Group

I’m dropping out of university

I’m leaving uni bc a) I didn’t like my course b) I want to change course c) didn’t want to waste time doing something I don’t like. The only thing I’m worried about now is what to do in my year off uni- obviously work full time but I’m scared about having no social life. I made close friends at uni and worried about losing them when I tell them I’m leaving. We text quite a lot but if they know they won’t see me much anymore I worry they’ll give up on our friendship. I’m thinking about moving to my uni city as I don’t like living with my parents (it’s been 3 nearly 4 weeks) and feel like I have no freedom here and it’s bad for my mental health. Advice please!!
Original post by Anonymous
I’m leaving uni bc a) I didn’t like my course b) I want to change course c) didn’t want to waste time doing something I don’t like. The only thing I’m worried about now is what to do in my year off uni- obviously work full time but I’m scared about having no social life. I made close friends at uni and worried about losing them when I tell them I’m leaving. We text quite a lot but if they know they won’t see me much anymore I worry they’ll give up on our friendship. I’m thinking about moving to my uni city as I don’t like living with my parents (it’s been 3 nearly 4 weeks) and feel like I have no freedom here and it’s bad for my mental health. Advice please!!

Hey!
I'm sorry that you're having a difficult time at the moment :frown:

I think the most important thing is to do what you think is best for you!!
Regarding your concerns over your friends, I honestly doubt they would cut you off simply because you are dropping out of uni- and if they did, then they probably weren't true friends. I'm not sure how far away your home is from your uni but there are lots of ways you can meet them if you decide to stay at home; you could always use transportation and I'm sure your friends would be happy for you to stay over so you could still maintain a social life. Additionally, you probably will make friends when you are working and will go out with those people so you will have a variety of ways for you to have a social life alongside working.

If you believe that moving to your uni city is the best option for you then you definitely should try and do it. Your mental health is important and it is definitely something that you need to prioritise.

I hope everything works out :smile:

Nicole
First year Law student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending