The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Uni of Leeds- worried about grades

Hi, I’ve applied to uni of Leeds for Las and I need AAA but I have a feeling I’ll get AAB because history was my weakest subject.
Basically, I’ve seen people on TikTok saying they’ve been getting emails from their first choice unis all summer talking about accommodation, how to prepare for uni, etc- with the fact that they’re getting these emails implying that the unis already know they’ve gotten the grades.
I am worried as I haven’t been sent any emails all summer, from Leeds or any uni. Has anyone else applying to Leeds who’s confident about their grades noticed this, or should I be worried?
Hello, you will not know your grades from AQA, CCEA, City & Guilds, NCFE, OCR, Pearson, or WJEC until the 17th of August at 8:00 AM.

-Kao (Lancaster Maths & Stats Student Ambassador)
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hello, you will not know your grades from AQA, CCEA, City & Guilds, NCFE, OCR, Pearson, or WJEC until the 17th of August at 8:00 AM.

-Kao (Lancaster Maths & Stats Student Ambassador)

Oh I know, but i was wondering do unis normally send emails during the summer to people who’ve gotten in?
Original post by meganpaige05
Oh I know, but i was wondering do unis normally send emails during the summer to people who’ve gotten in?

Hi,
At some universities you may be invited to apply for accomodation for instance, before results day, but this will vary by uni and will only happen for your firm choice.
On results day, I got an email from Lancaster confirming my place slightly before I was able to access my results via UCAS due to the lag but no one with a conditional offer will have their place confirmed till results day.
Hope this helps,
Becky (Lancaster university student ambassador)
(edited 8 months ago)
Hi, I’ve applied to uni of Leeds for Las and I need AAA but I have a feeling I’ll get AAB because history was my weakest subject.
Basically, I’ve seen people on TikTok saying they’ve been getting emails from their first choice unis all summer talking about accommodation, how to prepare for uni, etc- with the fact that they’re getting these emails implying that the unis already know they’ve gotten the grades.
I am worried as I haven’t been sent any emails all summer, from Leeds or any uni. Has anyone else applying to Leeds who’s confident about their grades noticed this, or should I be worried?

Hi there,

I really wouldn't worry, as these emails will just be part of their standard communications to applicants. They by no means indicate that a person has got their grades. I didn't get these emails from Leeds when I was about to receive my results, and based on comments from recent years, Leeds typically doesn't send emails out prior to results day (unless about accommodation applications, etc.).

Best of luck for our results tomorrow :h:
Reply 5

Are u sure these emails haven’t gone to your trash inbox because Leeds have sent emails regarding accommodation a while ago

Quick Reply

Latest