The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2015 Entry Thread

Inspired by this thread: x

1) What universities are you thinking of applying to?
2) What subjects do you do and what have you achieved in your AS year?
3) GCSE grades?
:bl:

Here's the Psychology connect/stalking page - you'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

1) What universities are you thinking of applying to
UCL, King's College, Durham, Bristol and Exeter

Psychology, History, Biology (dropped Physics); As in Psychology + History, very high C in Biology and an E in Physics!

3) GCSE grades?
4A*s, 4As and 3Bs (+ a Distinction* in Performing Arts)
1.) What universities are you thinking of applying to?

Bristol, Manchester, Exeter, Nottingham and Leeds

2.)What subjects do you do and what have you achieved in your AS year?

Psychology -A

English Language and Literature- B

Biology- B

Chemistry- D ( Dropping at A2)

3.) GCSE Grades?

6A* 5As and 1B
Original post by Hopefulcici
1.) What universities are you thinking of applying to?

Bristol, Manchester, Exeter, Nottingham and Leeds

Psychology -A

English Language and Literature- B

Biology- B

Chemistry- D ( Dropping at A2)

3.) GCSE Grades?

6A* 5As and 1B

:biggrin:
What universities are you thinking of applying to?

Cardiff, Sheffield, Birmingham, Newcastle and Leeds

Psychology -A

French- B

Biology- C

Chemistry- C ( Dropping at A2)

3.) GCSE Grades?

2A* , 9As and 1B

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5

Some relatively close to my home, so therefore Sussex, Surry, Portsmouth, Chichester and Brighton.

I am taking an Access to Higher Education Diploma: Psychology as I am a mature student.

3) GCSE grades?

Crap lol. But retaking English. But I did do my GCSEs over 10 years ago.
City of London, Birmingham, Queens Belfast, Lincoln and Reading.

ICT - B
Health and Social Care - C
Psychology - C

3) GCSE grades?
4 B's, 4 C's and 1 D.

Thinking of Cambridge, Bath, Durham, York and Nottingham. Still debating over it though
I do the IB :smile: HL English Literature, Psychology, French and Business , SL Biology and Maths. Just working the best I can, hoping to get 40.
3) GCSE grades?
2 As, 7A*
Original post by orphan_black
Inspired by this thread: x

3) GCSE grades?
:bl:

1) Birmingham, Lincoln, Lancaster

2) Psychology: A
English Combined:A
RE: B
Biology: E (dropping at A2)

3) 1 A, 7 B's, 2 C's

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applying for psychology and criminology but still... :smile:

Swansea, Lincoln, Keele, Southampton and Birmingham

2)What subjects do you do and what have you achieved in your AS year?
Bs: Psychology, RS, Politics
Cs: Maths, General Studies

3) GCSE grades?
3A*s, 6As and 2Bs
1) Bath, Birmingham, Liverpool, Cardiff & York
2) Biology, Psychology, English Literature & Geography - 4As
3) 5As, 4Bs, 1C
(edited 9 years ago)
1) Cardiff, Bath, Bristol, Swansea and I'm still unsure of the fifth

2) AS levels = Psychology-A. Religious Studies-B. Heath and Social Care-B. And Biology A-level at grade C

3) 4 As 5 Bs 2 Cs and a Sport Btec
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by loosiemorgan
Applying for psychology and criminology but still... :smile:

Swansea, Lincoln, Keele, Southampton and Birmingham

2)What subjects do you do and what have you achieved in your AS year?
Bs: Psychology, RS, Politics
Cs: Maths, General Studies

3) GCSE grades?
3A*s, 6As and 2Bs

fun fact: I have very similar results to you;
at AS - B's in psychology, biology and geography. and C's in maths and general studies.

GCSE 3A*'s, 7A's and a B :smile:
Original post by Sophie422
at AS - B's in psychology, biology and geography. and C's in maths and general studies.

haha yeah :biggrin: very similar!! :smile:
Original post by Sophie422

are you looking to do psychology or something different?
Reply 15
Do you think it is really important to have biology a level to do psychology at university? I achieved a grade C in it at AS which was my lowest grade and I am unsure whether to drop it and carry on with psychology, music and maths or to drop music and carry on with psychology, biology and maths. The universities I have looked at are asking for AAB.
Original post by Kate2888
Do you think it is really important to have biology a level to do psychology at university? I achieved a grade C in it at AS which was my lowest grade and I am unsure whether to drop it and carry on with psychology, music and maths or to drop music and carry on with psychology, biology and maths. The universities I have looked at are asking for AAB.

I wouldn't say it's necessary to have (I haven't even done it at AS!) But of course it is more related than Music is. However most unis ask for just one from the list i.e sciences, maths and psychology. So since you did your worst in it you could drop it if you feel it would be easier to achieve AAB in the others. If you are only thinking of droping music because it's not as related as the others then I wouldn't just for that reason :smile:

I have heard from trips to unis that biology is great to have as it makes the bio side of psychology at uni easier to understand but then again it's obviously said this is accessible without any as/a2 in bio. I dont know what you study at AS bio and the stuff at uni but I would say the advanced knowledge (i.e more than GCSE) that you've done at AS would be sufficient enough to still help you at uni :smile:

Sorry for the waffley answer! I'm in the same position with Maths :biggrin: I got my lowest mark (C) but I'm resitting C2 which I got an E in haha so hopefully then it'll be a B. But I don't know whether to drop that or something else?
Reply 17
Thanks so much for your reply! I have not enjoyed either biology or music at AS to be honest and if I had achieved a B in biology then I would definitely take it for A2 but I know I will do a lot better in music. It is so difficult to choose! I was so surprised at my maths because I managed to get a B but I think I might retake c2 as well just to bring it up a bit more because I don't know how I am going to cope with A2. Yeah I would also have to resit one of my biology modules to bring me up. Good luck if you resit maths! Thanks again for your answer:smile:
Thanks so much for your reply! I have not enjoyed either biology or music at AS to be honest and if I had achieved a B in biology then I would definitely take it for A2 but I know I will do a lot better in music. It is so difficult to choose! I was so surprised at my maths because I managed to get a B but I think I might retake c2 as well just to bring it up a bit more because I don't know how I am going to cope with A2. Yeah I would also have to resit one of my biology modules to bring me up. Good luck if you resit maths! Thanks again for your answer:smile:

I think they'd rather see Maths even than Bio so you're good :smile:

If you don't particularly enjoy either then I'd go for the one that you find easiest to get the best mark in :smile: so if you thought you could do better in bio if you resat one than maybe that's better but is it worth the extra work if you can do just as well in music but without a resit :smile:
I'm sure you'll do okay whatever you choose :smile: Aw thank you, and you're welcome :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest