The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2015 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

It's so interesting seeing so many people sharing the same interest in psychology! Just finishing my personal statement so hoping to send my application off this week! Didn't realise that everyone is getting offers already! Extremely nervous.

What universities are you thinking of applying to?
Edge Hill (my top choice!), Chester, Nottingham Trent, Sheffield and Manchester
What subjects do you do and what have you achieved in you AS year?
Psychology (B), Sociology (B) and English Language (A). I dropped biology
GCSE grades?
1A, 3B, 1C. I studied in Canada and could only take 5 GCSE's at college.

Original post by smellymellyy
It's so interesting seeing so many people sharing the same interest in psychology! Just finishing my personal statement so hoping to send my application off this week! Didn't realise that everyone is getting offers already! Extremely nervous.

What universities are you thinking of applying to?
Edge Hill (my top choice!), Chester, Nottingham Trent, Sheffield and Manchester
What subjects do you do and what have you achieved in you AS year?
Psychology (B), Sociology (B) and English Language (A). I dropped biology
GCSE grades?
1A, 3B, 1C. I studied in Canada and could only take 5 GCSE's at college.

Why Edge Hill?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by katie780
What's your issue with Coventry?:colondollar:

Don't worry too much about the league tables. It's a Russell Group university and any good degree (2:1 or higher) will look good from a RG uni I'm sure. What's most important in your choice of uni is somewhere you like and want to spend three years!
I've applied for Warwick and was sent an AAB offer :smile:

Haha, I'm sure it's not too awful :tongue: I've just heard that it's a little rough and there's not a lot to do there? But I love the uni so much that I reckon it doesn't matter too much if the area's not that exciting.

Thanks, I agree -- I sent off my application on Thursday and applied to Warwick so hopefully I'll hear back from them soon :smile:

Congrats on your offer - are you thinking of firming it?
Original post by roseannex
For Chester I got an acknowledgement email on Monday morning and received an offer a few hours later :smile:

Oh wow! This gives me hope but also slightly worries me at the same time as they acknowledged it two days ago. What offer did they give you?
Original post by Layleexx
Oh wow! This gives me hope but also slightly worries me at the same time as they acknowledged it two days ago. What offer did they give you?

Conditional offer at BBB :smile:
Original post by roseannex
Conditional offer at BBB :smile:

Awesome :smile: Good luck!
Who has offers for Newcastle and Aston? And when did you get your offer/sent your application off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone applied to Bangor or received an offer from them? I'm on the edge of my seat just waiting for my acknowledgement email having applied almost 4 weeks ago!

I'm quite confused about this - some people received their acknowledgement within a few days of applying while some received their offer already without having ever received an acknowledgment email :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
PEOPLEEEEEEEE!! Theres hope for all of you! My GCSE's were crap, 6 GCSE's only , no A's or A*
BBC at AS Level- all of them were a few UMS marks of the next grade so I got predicted AAB

AND I JUST GOT AN OFFER FROM BIRMINGHAM!!!!!!!!!!!! I COULD CRY HAHA
Original post by mariatomasini
PEOPLEEEEEEEE!! Theres hope for all of you! My GCSE's were crap, 6 GCSE's only , no A's or A*
BBC at AS Level- all of them were a few UMS marks of the next grade so I got predicted AAB

AND I JUST GOT AN OFFER FROM BIRMINGHAM!!!!!!!!!!!! I COULD CRY HAHA

Oh wow, congratulations! I'm hoping for Birmingham or Bristol. :smile:
Original post by Husnara_a
Oh wow, congratulations! I'm hoping for Birmingham or Bristol. :smile:

Birmingham took about 2 weeks to make me an offer so dont worry! I am literally so happy, wasn't expecting it at all.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mariatomasini
Birmingham took about 2 weeks to give me an offer so dont worry! I am literally so happy, wasn't expecting it at all.

Oh okay, well it's only been a week and a few days since I've sent mine off haha.
And awww, you should be! :biggrin:
Original post by sarahelizabeth18
Haha, I'm sure it's not too awful :tongue: I've just heard that it's a little rough and there's not a lot to do there? But I love the uni so much that I reckon it doesn't matter too much if the area's not that exciting.

Thanks, I agree -- I sent off my application on Thursday and applied to Warwick so hopefully I'll hear back from them soon :smile:

Congrats on your offer - are you thinking of firming it?

I've never heard about it being rough, that's new to me! I know it's generally a lot quieter than other cities though :smile:

Fingers crossed - they shouldn't take too long!!

Thank you :smile: I'm really not sure yet, Nottingham and Warwick are on par for me and I'm still waiting to hear back from York
Hello all!
Got all my offers! Birmingham, bristol Warwick, Nottingham and Exeter. Took two weeks exact!!
Wooooooooo
Just firmed Birmingham and insured Liverpool :smile:
Original post by Lilyghz
Has anyone applied to Bangor or received an offer from them? I'm on the edge of my seat just waiting for my acknowledgement email having applied almost 4 weeks ago!

I'm quite confused about this - some people received their acknowledgement within a few days of applying while some received their offer already without having ever received an acknowledgment email :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not all unis send acknowledgement emails out - the first I heard from nottingham trent was an offer :smile: don't worry about it!
Original post by Gracey_
Hello all!
Got all my offers! Birmingham, bristol Warwick, Nottingham and Exeter. Took two weeks exact!!
Wooooooooo

Well done!!! :biggrin:
How long did each take one take to reply?
Original post by Husnara_a
Well done!!! :biggrin:
How long did each take one take to reply?

Thank you! I'm sure yours will come soon! Just firmed birmingham and had bristol as an insurance.
Warwick and bristol took around 2/3 days. The rest two weeks exact, got 3 offers in one day yesterday!
Original post by katie780
I've never heard about it being rough, that's new to me! I know it's generally a lot quieter than other cities though :smile:

Fingers crossed - they shouldn't take too long!!

Thank you :smile: I'm really not sure yet, Nottingham and Warwick are on par for me and I'm still waiting to hear back from York

Hmm my family told me it used to be rough anyway, but maybe it's changed since then?

Yeah hopefully not - it's so tempting to just keep refreshing Track till I hear from one of the universities, but I'm trying to be patient :tongue:

I applied to Nottingham too, it seemed really nice there! Good luck with everything :biggrin:
Original post by orphan_black
Inspired by this thread: x

1) What universities are you thinking of applying to?
2) What subjects do you do and what have you achieved in your AS year?
3) GCSE grades?
:bl:

Here's the Psychology connect/stalking page - you'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:

I've applied to, Kent, City, Warwick and Exeter, have gotten conditional offers from Warwick and City,

I'm doing psychology, sociology and RE, did History last year but dropped it for A2
Got ABCC for AS

GCSE- I got 5As 2Bs and 2 Cs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest