The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Humm this is similar to Speed vs Power debate that has been going on in Martial Arts world. Well it is really hard I mean you want speed and power but if you want to choose one from another well it is like do you want to strike the guy once with a powerful blow and the guy may not be able to rise again or strike lots of time but with less power and again the guy may not be able to stand it. In this situation I would say the samurai will win (not becos I study Karate:p: ). It is becos if the two fight the samurai would be able to dodge the knight attacks and the samurai can strike many times until the kinght is down BUT one careless mistake from the samurai can result to death.
Go the Mohammed Ali/Cassius Clay way - Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee!
I think i'd have to go with the Samurai. Their way of life lends itself to better, honed fighting skill and style. I don't know much about the KT but i also think the resilient drive and tenacity of the Samurai for victory would also fuel their fire...

EDIT: I agree with Shogun except that as stated above, by the Samurai lifestyle; i doubt they make mistakes much.
There's alot of difference between the various knights of Feudal Europe, take a Polish knight with their lighter armor than a regular knight and a Pike, or a German Knight fully clad with plate mail and a zweihander!

The Samurai themselves preferred the use of a Yari, rather than katana. This means that however agile they may be, they still can only hit the delicate areas of the armor.

Theres too much to think about when you're thinking of such a thing to even begin to predict who would win. You've got to think about field conditions. You also have to think about whether either side has any information on the other regarding field tactics, weaponary, armor etc. If that's not the case then either side is going to be very weary of the others capabilities.

Even after all that you have to think about that both these two legendary warriors built, their armor, weapons devised their tactics becuase they were under different conditions. They're very different and so built their startegy to best defeat their opponent, not each other.

(But If I had to go with one i'd go with the samurai :P)
Reply 5
_jackofdiamonds
Who would win in a fight between a knight of feudal Europe and a samurai of feudal Japan? The samurai having lighter armour and sharper, lighter swords whereas the knight has heavier armour and a larger sword.

The one with the machine gun.

(Seriously though, the samurai)
Reply 6
Mad Vlad
The one with the machine gun.

(Seriously though, the samurai)

Hahaha you're so funny. Not.
I think wasting time and effort on the issue of Knights Templar vs. Samurai is just diverting valuable mental resources away from the Pirates vs. Ninjas debate.
I think I'd have to go with the knight. And why did you metion the Knights Templar OP?
And what are we taking about, a full knight in armour on a warhorse versus a full samurai in armour on foot? As someone mentioned what region of Europe are we talking about? The Hungarians had the fastest horses in Europe.
This question makes me hungry.
Reply 11
God just told me the Knights Templar would lose a fight to the samurai.
i would say samurai, thier training and weapon the yari allowed them to hit areas not covered by armour. Of course if the knight wore full chain mail under the plate the the samurai would would be in a lot of trouble, the only vulnerable place would be the eye slits.

Latest

Trending

Trending