The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
How so? The SC is for all resolutions passed in the GA, the secretative branch would be for declarations of war (never had one) and votes of no confidence (few and far between).
Apollo
How so? The SC is for all resolutions passed in the GA, the secretative branch would be for declarations of war (never had one) and votes of no confidence (few and far between).

I thought the idea nightowl proposed was that the HRC and SC swapped forums and that the former SC forum would be made visible. So that the SC used access masking to hide their forum whereas the HRC would have a user group. It appears I misinterpreted, in which case I agree with you completely.
Reply 62
ah, not sure. Will have to wait for him.
Reply 63
I have an idea.

I shall submit a resolution about the declaration of war on the United Nations.

Yeah.

:ninja: :biggrin:
Reply 64
Right no - The HRC changes its name to the Security Council, so we have TWO Security Council forums. The one we have existing now would handle resolutions like peacekeepers, anything considered "not an immediate emergency" While the new one, currently known as the HRC, would be the Secretive branch, where the SC members would handle votes of no confidence, immiedate emergencies etc.
Nefarious
I thought the idea nightowl proposed was that the HRC and SC swapped forums and that the former SC forum would be made visible. So that the SC used access masking to hide their forum whereas the HRC would have a user group. It appears I misinterpreted, in which case I agree with you completely.
Oh. Well if that's the case I can see the reasoning behind it.
Well if NO didn't suggest it how about I do. I don't know how difficult it would be to do the relevant name changes and forum permission changes but access masking seems much more appropriate for the SC whereas a user group would be far better for users of the HRC who are on a rotation every two months.

TBH I don’t think what NO actually suggested would work.
OK, I'll back your proposal.
Actually my idea would probably muck up the SC Voting forum. This could be used in our favour; it could become an open sub forum of the MUN and be used as The Resolutions forum that Teehar suggested. TBH I think with such an archive the SC voting forum would be redundant anyway.
Reply 69
Ok, well aslong as weve had these elections we might aswell put them to use. Let's put this on a probation period for say, a month and see how it turns out.

Latest

Trending

Trending