The Student Room Group

Do you brush your teeth before or after you eat breakfast?

Scroll to see replies

I have to brush after every meal (if possible). My mouth just feels nasty otherwise.
always before. I cannot stand the feeling/smell in your mouth when you wake up in the morning. So gross.
Original post by hollieeilloh
#biggestnerdIknow #statisticsout

Orly? Well then...

#biggestslutiknow #pumpingthenoob

Posted from TSR Mobile
After
Original post by Asklepios
Orly? Well then...

#biggestslutiknow #pumpingthenoob

Posted from TSR Mobile

:s-smilie: don't be jealous Siddy. Off topic also, so.. continue this elsewhere if you're that hurt by my comment. :smile:
Reply 25
Before

I can't eat breakfast with morning breath...Yuck !!!
Reply 26
I brush after. I wouldn't want to eat my cereal with a minty mouth.
Reply 27
Why would you do it before breakfast? It doesn't make any sense. Do you eat while you're sleeping or something?
POLL ADDED

I went After. It's the sensible choice. Then your mouth is nice and clean to head off to work .
Both!
After or I have bad breath! Also mint and cereal aren't an ideal combination...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't always eat breakfast, but I brush my teeth first thing, so it would always be before eating. Can't go downstairs with my mouth feeling weird :s-smilie:
Why would you do it before?!!! You're just going to make them dirty again by eating!
Wouldn't your breakfast taste mangy with unbrushed teeth?
Before. Because my dentist said so. And I trust that she knows more about teeth than I do.
Reply 35
After!! I don't get the point of brushing your teeth before as you're going to dirty them, not to mention how horrible breakfast would taste!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Before. If you think about the argument it is breakfast with minty mouth vs breakfast with morning breath and slime and I know what I prefer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Solivagant
Before. Because my dentist said so. And I trust that she knows more about teeth than I do.

Did she give any excuse/reasoning for this decision?
Original post by Motorbiker
Did she give any excuse/reasoning for this decision?

Yeah it was something about acid or plaque or something, I dunno, I stopped listening to her a while back because she's patronising.
Usually after. Will only brush before if having acidic foods (eg. Fruit) in which case brushing after would only further erode what enamel I have left.

When brushing before I wait an hour before eating, otherwise you don't get the ful benefit of the fluoride.

Original post by Viva Emptiness
But you can eat breakfast and have juice with a minty mouth? Eww.

After for me.

Also, I don't see the point in brushing, then getting your mouth all dirty again straight away.

At least you are still removing the plaque.

Quick Reply

Latest