The Student Room Group

Pakistani girl going to uni this year, AMA!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hugoalmeida
when are you going to sleep?

lol when are you going to sleep? :wink:
Original post by Maliha Ahmed
lol when are you going to sleep? :wink:

when my mum tells me to :biggrin:
when my mum tells me to :biggrin:

haha same for me! :tongue:
is it true if the paki boys dont get their med offers, they get whipped in garden shed with stinging nettles and get dhaal stuffed in thier noses?
beacuse thats what happened to one of my friends:toofunny:
Oh my! You are one organised girl! That's good! :smile:

15-20 unis? Perhaps you can see on the league table which are the tops ones and then from them see which would be less expensive for you. And before applying, you can go and visit some and see which ones you like the most and there you go! :wink:

Tbh, I do a BTEC so league tables don't really interest me as much as they would if i was an A level student. I mean they matter to an extent where i wouldn't go for the bottom of the league but i want a mid-league as because of my BTEC many higher ranking Uni's won't have me. :smile:

Before you say it; I've already cross referenced the list for which universities definitely will accept my BTEC as i rang them all individually and asked. Those that said we definitely accept BTEC's i kept n the list those that said we 'consider' BTECs i crossed off as they sounded unsure or reluctant. The universities left range from mid league to low league.
is it true if the paki boys dont get their med offers, they get whipped in garden shed with stinging nettles and get dhaal stuffed in thier noses?
beacuse thats what happened to one of my friends:toofunny:

I'm not a Pakistani guy lol. But yeah we Pakistanis do have a preference of becoming a doctor cos its seen as respectable and good for humanity too. But every parent is different so I don't know.
Original post by BabyChow
Tbh, I do a BTEC so league tables don't really interest me as much as they would if i was an A level student. I mean they matter to an extent where i wouldn't go for the bottom of the league but i want a mid-league as because of my BTEC many higher ranking Uni's won't have me. :smile:

Before you say it; I've already cross referenced the list for which universities definitely will accept my BTEC as i rang them all individually and asked. Those that said we definitely accept BTEC's i kept n the list those that said we 'consider' BTECs i crossed off as they sounded unsure or reluctant. The universities left range from mid league to low league.

Oh ok. Well, you're doing good with your research! I'm sure you'll get into a good uni, Insha'Allah. :smile:
I'm not a Pakistani guy lol. But yeah we Pakistanis do have a preference of becoming a doctor cos its seen as respectable and good for humanity too. But every parent is different so I don't know.

do doctors have GP's? as in do other doctors have to look out for their health?:confused:.. i guess they do
(edited 9 years ago)
Oh ok. Well, you're doing good with your research! I'm sure you'll get into a good uni, Insha'Allah. :smile:

In Shaa Allah, where you off too for uni?
do doctors have GP's? as in do other doctors have to look out for their health?:confused:.. i guess they do

lol I guess they do too
In Shaa Allah, where you off too for uni?

Brunel
Brunel

Good Luck my love; heard its full of asians hehe :rolleyes:
lol I guess they do too

dont know why but dont you find that abit funny? looooooooool
Good Luck my love; heard its full of asians hehe :rolleyes:

lol yeah I've been there.

I don't mind Asians (I'm an Asian myself), tbh I don't mind anyone.
dont know why but dont you find that abit funny? looooooooool

haha lol yeah kind of I guess
lol yeah I've been there.

I don't mind Asians (I'm an Asian myself), tbh I don't mind anyone.

I'm asian myself too and although i'm a hijabi, most of my friends are white/arab/black i only have enough asian friends too count on my right hand haha.

Asians just tend to be so judgemental, plus i'm from Cheshire, Cheshire population is like 97% white. So i'm not used too being around a lot of Asians haha!
I'm asian myself too and although i'm a hijabi, most of my friends are white/arab/black i only have enough asian friends too count on my right hand haha.

Asians just tend to be so judgemental, plus i'm from Cheshire, Cheshire population is like 97% white. So i'm not used too being around a lot of Asians haha!

Yeah I can understand. When I use to live in Germany, I wasn't use to see any other race other than white. After moving to England, it came out as a major shock for me to see so many Asians here. I didn't expected that but I'm use to it now. I now actually like when you find quite a lot of races in one place.
Yeah I can understand. When I use to live in Germany, I wasn't use to see any other race other than white. After moving to England, it came out as a major shock for me to see so many Asians here. I didn't expected that but I'm use to it now. I now actually like when you find quite a lot of races in one place.

I do hope my university is diverse in some way because of what you are saying it will be nice to get to knw other races and their cultures it's all very facinating however ive had such a bad experiance with Asians it's unreal, thse even of my own family. That's why i live by this:

Qur'an 49:11 Surah Al-Hujurat (The Inner Apartments)
O ye who believe! let not some men among you laugh at others: it may be that the (latter) are better than the (former): Nor let some women laugh at others: it may be that the (latter) are better than the (former): nor defame nor be sarcastic to each other nor call each other by (offensive) nicknames: Ill-seeming is a name connoting wickedness (to be used of one) after he has believed: And those who do not desist are (Indeed) doing wrong

I do hope fr some hijabis though living on campus i'll be honest i guess having muslims around may make it feel more like home in some ways.
Reply 198

Did you call university of kent?
Original post by Roger1
Did you call university of kent?

Nope, Kent isn't on my list. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest