The Student Room Group

do girls like brown guys

ok like this isnt for a specific race of girls or anything but i was just wondering if girls just didnt like brown guys or something

im not the most handsome guy out there but i am decently attractive i guess and funny and have had relationships (sorta) a while ago that did not work out properly like in secondary school, im in y13 now and ive realised like no girl despite their race has any interest in brown guys

ill be honest most guys (im south asian) of my race are i guess kinda stereotyped into be nerdy or socially awkward or something, im not like that or anything, i do sports and im fine academically im just not too into it as the streotype makes us out to be but i feel like girls kinda just assume that we are all the same or something

so like is this true and like is there something against maybe brown guys as first choices/or choices at all or am i just being dumb

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just up your game bro
Ask out girls even if u not into them,
Don’t be afraid of rejection
Don’t be afraid to play the field
Improve yourself and ur bank and they will flock to u
Original post by Anonymous
ok like this isnt for a specific race of girls or anything but i was just wondering if girls just didnt like brown guys or something

im not the most handsome guy out there but i am decently attractive i guess and funny and have had relationships (sorta) a while ago that did not work out properly like in secondary school, im in y13 now and ive realised like no girl despite their race has any interest in brown guys

ill be honest most guys (im south asian) of my race are i guess kinda stereotyped into be nerdy or socially awkward or something, im not like that or anything, i do sports and im fine academically im just not too into it as the streotype makes us out to be but i feel like girls kinda just assume that we are all the same or something

so like is this true and like is there something against maybe brown guys as first choices/or choices at all or am i just being dumb

You have to bear in mind, that most people will (generally) prefer to date within their own race, as that's what's known to them. Of course there are those whose "type" are black, Asian or whatever, but they're normally attracted to some kind of stereotype that's associated with that particular race. For example, I'm black, and I find the kind of white / Asian girls who are attracted to black guys tend to like one of the following:-

1) The roughneck type (e.g. gangsters, street thug, so-called "Roadmen" etc.)
2) The cool, laid-back, charming smooth operators
3) The athlete / dancer with the muscly or ripped body
4) Those joker / clown types whose wild antics leaves everyone in hysterical laughter.

People often go on about how easy black guys (supposedly) have it, but the reality is that unless you fall into one of the above (e.g. you're just a regular black guy, who wants a "normal" white / Asian girl), you may find they struggle. Obviously, I'm not talking about a scenario where two people get together who were already acquainted as part of a larger group of people.

Whether they admit it or not, most people will have some kind of racial bias when it comes to dating (also called a "preference"). Some may make exceptions, if the "foreign" person is significantly better looking (or otherwise more desirable) than the "competition". There are only three cases where it's completely inconsequential:-

a) The really good looking people (e.g. model types)... in this world, the important factor is that you're a beautiful human being
b) True athletes (I'm talking about those who train to become elite in a specific task / event; NOT those who train for the aesthetics)
c) Those who are from a multi-racial area (e.g. in London areas like Leyton/Leytonstone or Peckham), where there's good mix of all different ethnicities and everyone interacts with each other on an equal basis.

However, when it comes to white people in particular, the ONE advantage black people have over Asians is that there are far less significant cultural differences (e.g. most black families are English speaking, and follow some form of Christianity), and their contributions to mainstream society. Let's face it, if you're not enjoying to "black" music, or comedy, it's often a black player who is setting up and /or scoring those extra goals for your football team. Conversely, a lot of people may say the only real contribution from South Asians is mainly food.

Therefore, based on the above, these are your options

1) Grow a thick skin and accept you may have to put up with more than your fair share of rejection
2) Work on becoming the best version of "you" possible (e.g. train to get gym bod, make sure your hair and clothes are on-point, carefully consider your charm, banter etc.). Or if you can't be asked to do that, lower your standards / expectations. Either way, you'd need to be significantly better than your white / black counterparts.
3) Find a high-profile spot and act in whatever way is associated with your ethnicity you're comfortable doing, and those who go for Asian guys will soon make themselves known to you.
4) Take some time to network and build connections with people / groups etc. and then that will allow your personality to shine through, and you'll naturally bond with one person.

I appreciate it's not the "magic" answer you were perhaps looking for... but it's probably the most realistic take on the matter.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 3
☠️
Reply 4
First girl here ig.
As Old Skool Freak said in general girls have their "type". If you fall in their usual category they are more likely to like you (or if you really have a GREAT personality, eg. you are funny/smart/easy going etc.)
So either way work on yourself and no there is nothing such as girls in general aren't attracted to brown boys. I mean come on your race would be screwed if it was really the case. You are more likely to attract a brown girl than a girl from another race based on the fact there is less differences and by definition we are more attracted to people from our own race. For example, I am not brown/nor generally attracted to brown guys but its more cultural than anything else because I am mixed arab/white and tend to find Arab men more attractive than your average South Asian.
Reply 5

It's me girls, all girls. Only you understand that all women share a unified consciousness. And we as a collective hive mind dislike brown men.

In all seriousness, some girls do. Some don't. I'm a girl and I'd be open to dating a brown guy while some wouldn't see you as their type. There's nothing particularly "against" you just not in favour of you for some people. Assuming you're going to uni, you'll be meeting a lot more girls with varied backgrounds and you might find someone who likes you. Focus on being your best self and being a genuinely kind human (working on your physique also helps ofc) and hopefully it'll work out.
Reply 6
Original post by Old Skool Freak
You have to bear in mind, that most people will (generally) prefer to date within their own race, as that's what's known to them. Of course there are those whose "type" are black, Asian or whatever, but they're normally attracted to some kind of stereotype that's associated with that particular race. For example, I'm black, and I find the kind of white / Asian girls who are attracted to black guys tend to like one of the following:-

4) Those joker / clown types whose wild antics leaves everyone in hysterical laughter.

People often go on about how easy black guys (supposedly) have it, but the reality is that unless you fall into one of the above (e.g. you're just a regular black guy, who wants a "normal" white / Asian girl), you may find they struggle. Obviously, I'm not talking about a scenario where two people get together who were already acquainted as part of a larger group of people.

Whether they admit it or not, most people will have some kind of racial bias when it comes to dating (also called a "preference"). Some may make exceptions, if the "foreign" person is significantly better looking (or otherwise more desirable) than the "competition". There are only three cases where it's completely inconsequential:-

a) The really good looking people (e.g. model types)... in this world, the important factor is that you're a beautiful human being
b) True athletes (I'm talking about those who train to become elite in a specific task / event; NOT those who train for the aesthetics)
c) Those who are from a multi-racial area (e.g. in London areas like Leyton/Leytonstone or Peckham), where there's good mix of all different ethnicities and everyone interacts with each other on an equal basis.

However, when it comes to white people in particular, the ONE advantage black people have over Asians is that there are far less significant cultural differences (e.g. most black families are English speaking, and follow some form of Christianity), and their contributions to mainstream society. Let's face it, if you're not enjoying to "black" music, or comedy, it's often a black player who is setting up and /or scoring those extra goals for your football team. Conversely, a lot of people may say the only real contribution from South Asians is mainly food.

1) Grow a thick skin and accept you may have to put up with more than your fair share of rejection
2) Work on becoming the best version of "you" possible (e.g. train to get gym bod, make sure your hair and clothes are on-point, carefully consider your charm, banter etc.). Or if you can't be asked to do that, lower your standards / expectations. Either way, you'd need to be significantly better than your white / black counterparts.
3) Find a high-profile spot and act in whatever way is associated with your ethnicity you're comfortable doing, and those who go for Asian guys will soon make themselves known to you.
4) Take some time to network and build connections with people / groups etc. and then that will allow your personality to shine through, and you'll naturally bond with one person.

I appreciate it's not the "magic" answer you were perhaps looking for... but it's probably the most realistic take on the matter.

yeah i get u i mean im well built since i do boxing and football its just that like i dont think any girl is like actually interested in my type like ive asked people out and we go out and we **** or whatever but like im tryna find a real relationship yk and the brown girls are jus into white guys but i dont have a preference on like race or anything but yeah preciate it g
Reply 7
Original post by Old Skool Freak

yeah i get u i mean im well built since i do boxing and football its just that like i dont think any girl is like actually interested in my type like ive asked people out and we go out and we **** or whatever but like im tryna find a real relationship yk and the brown girls are jus into white guys but i dont have a preference on like race or anything but yeah preciate it g

Just up your game bro
Ask out girls even if u not into them,
Don’t be afraid of rejection
Don’t be afraid to play the field
Improve yourself and ur bank and they will flock to u

yh i do i dont got an issue w that its just that like on a personal level i dont think, at least the people ive met, are like into into guys which is not like a bad thing its just preference but ye its jus peak
Reply 8
☠️

desperate times desperate measures 😂😂
Reply 9
Original post by wilderose
First girl here ig.
As Old Skool Freak said in general girls have their "type". If you fall in their usual category they are more likely to like you (or if you really have a GREAT personality, eg. you are funny/smart/easy going etc.)
So either way work on yourself and no there is nothing such as girls in general aren't attracted to brown boys. I mean come on your race would be screwed if it was really the case. You are more likely to attract a brown girl than a girl from another race based on the fact there is less differences and by definition we are more attracted to people from our own race. For example, I am not brown/nor generally attracted to brown guys but its more cultural than anything else because I am mixed arab/white and tend to find Arab men more attractive than your average South Asian.

yea igy thanks it might just be the ones from my school or area then lol
Reply 10
depends on the girl? i dont see how you can ask a question like this, it assumes that an entire half of the population will all share the same opinion.
Reply 11
It's me girls, all girls. Only you understand that all women share a unified consciousness. And we as a collective hive mind dislike brown men.

In all seriousness, some girls do. Some don't. I'm a girl and I'd be open to dating a brown guy while some wouldn't see you as their type. There's nothing particularly "against" you just not in favour of you for some people. Assuming you're going to uni, you'll be meeting a lot more girls with varied backgrounds and you might find someone who likes you. Focus on being your best self and being a genuinely kind human (working on your physique also helps ofc) and hopefully it'll work out.

hopefully uni works out better lol

yh i do i dont got an issue w that its just that like on a personal level i dont think, at least the people ive met, are like into into guys which is not like a bad thing its just preference but ye its jus peak

Don’t wait for uni
Start approaching them now soon u will learn the way to speak to them
And then it don’t matter where ur from
Don’t wait for uni
Start approaching them now soon u will learn the way to speak to them
And then it don’t matter where ur from

I swear it's the middle of A-level exams for them if they're in year 13?
ok like this isnt for a specific race of girls or anything but i was just wondering if girls just didnt like brown guys or something..

Look at it this way. Princess Diana was attracted to brown guys.. and to her, it didn't matter whether they were nerds or whatever stereotype. She just couldn't pursue those relationships due to other factors (and in the 1980s-1990s, brown men could only become the bad guys in the media, while the good guys were Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris and Prince Andrew, to name a few).

So as for you, don't worry, you'll find your princess no matter if she's black/brown/white/whatever.. and when that time comes, you won't care about whether OTHER girls like you or not.

You're South Asian, you'll survive anythinggg! (sorry this does sound like a stereotype of you guys lol)
Reply 15
Original post by toxicgamage56

yeah my girl just broke up w me over like basically nothing, wasnt even exams related so i start wondering yk
Reply 16
Original post by toxicgamage56

yeah my girl just broke up w me over like basically nothing, wasnt even exams related so i start wondering yk

Look at it this way. Princess Diana was attracted to brown guys.. and to her, it didn't matter whether they were nerds or whatever stereotype. She just couldn't pursue those relationships due to other factors (and in the 1980s-1990s, brown men could only become the bad guys in the media, while the good guys were Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris and Prince Andrew, to name a few).

So as for you, don't worry, you'll find your princess no matter if she's black/brown/white/whatever.. and when that time comes, you won't care about whether OTHER girls like you or not.

You're South Asian, you'll survive anythinggg! (sorry this does sound like a stereotype of you guys lol)

lol ig haha
as a POC i know the feeling of not feeling attracted to others but i know a lot of girls as well as myself who do find brown boys attractive, honestly top of list lol. dont lose hope
Reply 18
as a POC i know the feeling of not feeling attracted to others but i know a lot of girls as well as myself who do find brown boys attractive, honestly top of list lol. dont lose hope

ah ok so im just overthinking it or something then prob lmao
ah ok so im just overthinking it or something then prob lmao

yes i reckon! but i dont blame you, your time will come

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending