The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Cybersecurity Warwick 2024 Applications

Hello everyone, I am a Year 12 student looking to apply for cybersecurity at Warwick. I have a few questions for successful applicants/current students:

-Are you able to take a gap year in the course in order to do a placement year?

-If I was to get an A*AB (but a B in maths), would my chances still be good of getting in (hopefully the A* will be in CS)?

-Do you enjoy the course and find your assignments are marked within a reasonable time period and useful feedback.

-I am a Pakistani Muslim girl who wears the hijab - are there many people like me?
Reply 1
Original post by smv_x
Hello everyone, I am a Year 12 student looking to apply for cybersecurity at Warwick. I have a few questions for successful applicants/current students:

-If I was to get an A*AB (but a B in maths), would my chances still be good of getting in (hopefully the A* will be in CS)?

-Do you enjoy the course and find your assignments are marked within a reasonable time period and useful feedback.

-I am a Pakistani Muslim girl who wears the hijab - are there many people like me?

Since you're going into cybersecurity i doubt you'd see much girls as tech tends to be male dominated. Not saying there wont be any but very few.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by smv_x

I got an offer this year (so I haven't started yet but hopefully I can help!)

When I asked, they didn't offer a year abroad because the curriculum was too specific but they said there was no problem with deferring a year midway through your course to do a year in industry when I asked. It may just be that they don't help you as much finding one.

Not sure about the chances according to our year they looked fairly deeply into the a-level choices but I don't know about grades, I was predicted A*AA with the A* in maths. But they look at your first and second personal statements in depth too.

Can't help

When I asked the course was about 10% girls (don't know if that's changed since) but most likely not in this course, no.
Reply 3
Wow oh my gosh this was so helpful. What do you mean by "looked fairly into A-level choices" - I took maths, economics, computer science and an EPQ which is on cybersecurity - cheers again btw !
Reply 4
Original post by smv_x
Wow oh my gosh this was so helpful. What do you mean by "looked fairly into A-level choices" - I took maths, economics, computer science and an EPQ which is on cybersecurity - cheers again btw !

When I went to the offer holder day they said because it was competitive they based a bit of their decision on A-level. I'm taking maths, further maths and computer science, but not everyone I spoke to took further maths, most did seem to take maths and comp sci though
Reply 5
Original post by Imogenma
When I went to the offer holder day they said because it was competitive they based a bit of their decision on A-level. I'm taking maths, further maths and computer science, but not everyone I spoke to took further maths, most did seem to take maths and comp sci though

Right I see. Would you like to continue this conversation here or should I privately message you my socials and we can talk more there?

Quick Reply

Latest