The Student Room Group

Im 18 My lazy Asian parents forces me to do chores like a maid along with my studies

My lazy Asian mom and dad forces me to do all household chores like a maid along with my studies, the thing I'm from India , my mom dad is having a small business , I chose two courses law and chartered accountancy simultaneously, and they agreed , not they want to see me as a lawyer and ca , just because they found my choice attractive as it will increase their respect in society , but I forgot that from past years when I was little girl , now I'm 18 though , they used to forced me to do household chores, still now , 😭 I recently fought up with them to do household chores like dishes , brooming , preparing doughs on their own or to Hire a maid , so I could focus on my studies , they said that they will do my marriage at early , I have dreams of being a independent girl , they never allow me to go anywhere alone , even they dropp aand pick me from University
Original post by Anonymous #1
My lazy Asian mom and dad forces me to do all household chores like a maid along with my studies, the thing I'm from India , my mom dad is having a small business , I chose two courses law and chartered accountancy simultaneously, and they agreed , not they want to see me as a lawyer and ca , just because they found my choice attractive as it will increase their respect in society , but I forgot that from past years when I was little girl , now I'm 18 though , they used to forced me to do household chores, still now , 😭 I recently fought up with them to do household chores like dishes , brooming , preparing doughs on their own or to Hire a maid , so I could focus on my studies , they said that they will do my marriage at early , I have dreams of being a independent girl , they never allow me to go anywhere alone , even they dropp aand pick me from University

Mine dont let me go anywhere either and they drop me and take me to college but i dont mind. and my mum either makes me do the housework realllly early or i convince her that I cant if i have a test. I find housework soothing and calming but I dont know, I know a lot of people dont. Honest I think you should sit them down, tell them your busy with assaignments and you will help maybe when you have time? You know, dont just dump it all on them, as bad as that sounds, cause idk u should respect your parents but also tell them that you need space and time to revise😭😭😭. sorry if that makes no sence, but i dont know what else to say to get my point across😂😂
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
Mine dont let me go anywhere either and they drop me and take me to college but i dont mind. and my mum either makes me do the housework realllly early or i convince her that I cant if i have a test. I find housework soothing and calming but I dont know, I know a lot of people dont. Honest I think you should sit them down, tell them your busy with assaignments and you will help maybe when you have time? You know, dont just dump it all on them, as bad as that sounds, cause idk u should respect your parents but also tell them that you need space and time to revise😭😭😭. sorry if that makes no sence, but i dont know what else to say to get my point across😂😂

Thhe thing is they are abusive too , they won't listen
Thhe thing is they are abusive too , they won't listen

then honest I have no clue what to say. Like honestly at this point ur in uni so maybe ask for accomodation and leave?? but ik thats asking for too much so ask a family memeber that ur close with to fight ur point across to your parents maybe
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #2
then honest I have no clue what to say. Like honestly at this point ur in uni so maybe ask for accomodation and leave?? but ik thats asking for too much so ask a family memeber that ur close with to fight ur point across to your parents maybe

Girl , if you are not an Indian then you can't understand what I wanna say literally
Girl , if you are not an Indian then you can't understand what I wanna say literally

i dont need to be indian to know what ur going through. im litteraly ethnically pakistani so trust when i say i know half the **** your going through, but call me naive or brainwashed, but the way i see it is your parents are being bogstandard asian parents, got nothing to do with being indain or not. If ur not here to listen to advise where im trying to help you WITHOUT breaking up your family and ties with your parents, then thats on you for having wool over your eyes.

Im just saying try to talk it out with them, or try to have a fmaily member talk it out with them. If not maybe get a uni lecturure to write a quick letter or something (ik this is too much) but on how much you have to focus to pass and you need time to revise. Or better yet REVISE IN THE SCHOOL LIBRARY after lectures and ur parents can come pick u up after, but it gives you the time and space to revise without your parents constatly breathing down your neck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending