The Student Room Group

Pakistani girl going to uni this year, AMA!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BabyChow
I do hope my university is diverse in some way because of what you are saying it will be nice to get to knw other races and their cultures it's all very facinating however ive had such a bad experiance with Asians it's unreal, thse even of my own family. That's why i live by this:

Qur'an 49:11 Surah Al-Hujurat (The Inner Apartments)
O ye who believe! let not some men among you laugh at others: it may be that the (latter) are better than the (former): Nor let some women laugh at others: it may be that the (latter) are better than the (former): nor defame nor be sarcastic to each other nor call each other by (offensive) nicknames: Ill-seeming is a name connoting wickedness (to be used of one) after he has believed: And those who do not desist are (Indeed) doing wrong

I do hope fr some hijabis though living on campus i'll be honest i guess having muslims around may make it feel more like home in some ways.

Hmm..bad experience even in your own family?

Yeah whenever I feel low or tensed, I always refer back to the Quranic verse "With difficulty comes ease". And all of a sudden everything seems fine.

I get it..being a hijabi myself, finding another hijabi in totally different environment is such a relief.
Original post by Maliha Ahmed
Hmm..bad experience even in your own family?

Yeah whenever I feel low or tensed, I always refer back to the Quranic verse "With difficulty comes ease". And all of a sudden everything seems fine.

I get it..being a hijabi myself, finding another hijabi in totally different environment is such a relief.

Yes, like most, I don't have a very religious upbringing or past, extended family do not like that about me. :smile:

As you can tell i'm kind of OCD so not much can make me feel less tense in my thoughts. :biggrin:

I agree, finding a hijabi does make me feel comfortable in an environment.
Yes, like most, I don't have a very religious upbringing or past, extended family do not like that about me. :smile:

As you can tell i'm kind of OCD so not much can make me feel less tense in my thoughts. :biggrin:

I agree, finding a hijabi does make me feel comfortable in an environment.

lol I get it, you must be religious in a typical Asian family or the trouble will be real :biggrin:

OCD? Well, not sure about that.
lol I get it, you must be religious in a typical Asian family or the trouble will be real :biggrin:

OCD? Well, not sure about that.

Haha kind of, my parents sort of broke the system as my mother isnt very religious and my dad doesnt care how you dress or where you go as long as you get a degree by the time you are 21. My extended family pretty much think i'm a disgrace because of my non religious past and upbringing. No that i am religious they back chat even more! They are so judgemental haha. I've been on my deen for around a year now Alhamdulilah.
Haha kind of, my parents sort of broke the system as my mother isnt very religious and my dad doesnt care how you dress or where you go as long as you get a degree by the time you are 21. My extended family pretty much think i'm a disgrace because of my non religious past and upbringing. No that i am religious they back chat even more! They are so judgemental haha. I've been on my deen for around a year now Alhamdulilah.

Ohh. Yeah tbh I think although as Muslims we should give advice to those Muslims who aren't on the right path but most of the time what us Asians do is we taunt them more. This imo is of no use. One must understand the fact we can give advice but not in a rude manner cos at the end of the day its their matter with Allah. Allah is the judge so we are no one to judge anyone.
Ohh. Yeah tbh I think although as Muslims we should give advice to those Muslims who aren't on the right path but most of the time what us Asians do is we taunt them more. This imo is of no use. One must understand the fact we can give advice but not in a rude manner cos at the end of the day its their matter with Allah. Allah is the judge so we are no one to judge anyone.

I completely agree. :smile:
I completely agree. :smile:

:yy: :biggrin:
I'm also going Brunel you moving out. I'm Half paki
Original post by mhassan
I'm also going Brunel you moving out. I'm Half paki

No. I'm not moving out. Oh half Pakistani and the other half?
Would you travel? If so, which countries and why?
Original post by inachigeek21
Would you travel? If so, which countries and why?

I'd live to travel. In particular, Canada cos I've never been there. Spain and Egypt cos of their history. Plus, India cos of the rivalry between Pakistan and India. Saudia Arabia to visit Mecca for religious purposes.
im going to brunel aswell inshAllah! what will you be studying?
Original post by Yasmin54
im going to brunel aswell inshAllah! what will you be studying?

Ohh that's good to know. I'll be studying Law and you?
No. I'm not moving out. Oh half Pakistani and the other half?

My dad is Pakistani and my mum is half Iraqi and half Syrian.
Original post by mhassan
My dad is Pakistani and my mum is half Iraqi and half Syrian.

Oh cool. what will you be studying at Brunel?
Oh cool. what will you be studying at Brunel?

Economics and accounting. Wbu?
Original post by mhassan
Economics and accounting. Wbu?

Law

Quick Reply

Latest