The Student Room Group

Pakistani girl going to uni this year, AMA!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maliha Ahmed
ohh cool.

Law

Congrats and good luck lass
Original post by goldie56
Congrats and good luck lass

Thanks and same for you!
Original post by Man16
I think you really are an unwise young girl which promotes sterotype

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry if you think that way but I didn't mean to promote stereotypes as such. Specifying that I'm a Pakistani girl was just my sense of identity. That's all.
Reply 23
At what age are you looking to get married?
Which city in Pakistan are you from?
When did you last visit Pakistan?
Are you planning on living in the UK forever or maybe move to a country that is more compatible with our beliefs?
Do you wear the hijab?
Original post by Roger1
At what age are you looking to get married?
Which city in Pakistan are you from?
When did you last visit Pakistan?
Are you planning on living in the UK forever or maybe move to a country that is more compatible with our beliefs?
Do you wear the hijab?

1)- My parents will know the answer to this question better than me lol but I guess around 23-24, not sure.
2)- Islamabad
3)- 2010
4)- I love UK, especially after having the experience of living in other European countries. So, not really.
5)- Yes, I do.
Reply 25
1)- My parents will know the answer to this question better than me lol but I guess around 23-24, not sure.
2)- Islamabad
3)- 2010
4)- I love UK, especially after having the experience of living in other European countries. So, not really.
5)- Yes, I do.

Lets say if your husband wants to live in a Muslim country, would you agree to that?
Original post by Roger1
Lets say if your husband wants to live in a Muslim country, would you agree to that?

It depends tbh. There's no problem in living in a Muslim country as I'm a Muslim too. But depends which Muslim country it is.
Reply 27
It depends tbh. There's no problem in living in a Muslim country as I'm a Muslim too. But depends which Muslim country it is.

Would you ever live in Pakistan lol?
Reply 28
Yes, I am.

R u hot
Original post by Roger1
Would you ever live in Pakistan lol?

Right now, I would say no. But for a caring and loving husband, why not. But Pakistan needs to be more secure for that too.
Reply 30
Right now, I would say no. But for a caring and loving husband, why not. But Pakistan needs to be more secure for that too.

It's alright. Not as bad as it's portrayed to be. But to have a good life in Pakistan you have to be rich.

Do you support Nawaz Sharif or Imran Khan?
Original post by Roger1
It's alright. Not as bad as it's portrayed to be. But to have a good life in Pakistan you have to be rich.

Do you support Nawaz Sharif or Imran Khan?

I know its not that bad in Pakistan, especially for the rich ones. But one must also have security in order to live a peaceful life.

Imran Khan! Nawaz Sharif is way too corrupt to be supported imo.
What A-level grades did your parents want you to achieve and what course did they want you to do? What did you get in your GCSEs?
Original post by Sheldon Cooper10
What A-level grades did your parents want you to achieve and what course did they want you to do? What did you get in your GCSEs?

A's and A*'s only lol. I know this may sound very typical but my dad wanted me to do medicine but my mum supported my decision of doing law.

GCSE'S: 7B's, 4A*'s and 2C's.
What are you looking forward to about university?
Original post by Jackoclypse
What are you looking forward to about university?

I haven't done law before, so I'm excited about its content and how its going to be.
Reply 36
I know its not that bad in Pakistan, especially for the rich ones. But one must also have security in order to live a peaceful life.

Imran Khan! Nawaz Sharif is way too corrupt to be supported imo.

Yeah hopefully we will become more secure soon Insha'Allah. I support NS though. :frown:

Can you drive?
Original post by Roger1
Yeah hopefully we will become more secure soon Insha'Allah. I support NS though. :frown:

Can you drive?

I hope so too, Insha'Allah. Really? You support Nawaz Sharif? Why?

Not right now but hopefully by next year.
Reply 38

What A-level subjects?
Reply 39

Because a relative of mine knows him personally. That's why lol. Don't really know a whole lot about politics tbh.

Were you born in the UK?
Do you have any siblings?
Do you pray 5 times a day?
Did you ever consider leaving Islam?

Quick Reply

Latest