The Student Room Group

Pakistani girl going to uni this year, AMA!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maliha Ahmed
Ask me anything :tongue:

Are you commuting or living on campus?
Original post by 2en1
What A-level subjects?

English Lit, Urdu, History and Sociology.
Reply 42
English Lit, Urdu, History and Sociology.

lol they're all law-related A levels. Some people on here are asking deep questions haha
Original post by Roger1
Because a relative of mine knows him personally. That's why lol. Don't really know a whole lot about politics tbh.

Were you born in the UK?
Do you have any siblings?
Do you pray 5 times a day?
Did you ever consider leaving Islam?

Ohh ok. But he hasn't done much for the country after he came into power. Take, for example, the incident of model town Lahore. It was sponsored by the state.

1)- No, Germany
2)- Yes, 2 sisters
3)- Yes but not on time though :frown:
4)- No, never, Alhamdullilah.
Original post by BabyChow
Are you commuting or living on campus?

I'm commuting :smile:
Original post by 2en1
lol they're all law-related A levels. Some people on here are asking deep questions haha

lol yeah they are law related.

Who are you referring to ?
Reply 46
lol yeah they are law related.

Who are you referring to ?

Like the person who asked you if you pray 5 times a day and whether you've ever considered leaving Islam, and if ur a virgin! But then again, this is an AMA thread lol
Reply 47
Ohh ok. But he hasn't done much for the country after he came into power. Take, for example, the incident of model town Lahore. It was sponsored by the state. 1)- No, Germany2)- Yes, 2 sisters3)- Yes but not on time though :frown:4)- No, never, Alhamdullilah.

Lol I live in model town Lahore. NS has built a lot of new roads, he has improved public transport especially in Lahore. It's much more easier and quicker to travel to place than it was just a couple of years ago.
Have you ever been to Lahore?
Would you ever marry a non Pakistani boy?
Have you ever read the Quran in translation?
Can you speak German?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 2en1
Like the person who asked you if you pray 5 times a day and whether you've ever considered leaving Islam, and if ur a virgin! But then again, this is an AMA thread lol

lol hmm..I don't mind questions related to religion tbh.

the last one was a bit too deep I guess :redface: but then I'm on AMA thread.
Original post by Roger1
Lol I live in model town Lahore. NS has built a lot of new roads, he has improved public transport especially in Lahore. It's much more easier and quicker to travel to place than it was just a couple of years ago. Have you ever been to Lahore?Would you ever marry a non Pakistani boy?Have you ever read the Quran in translation?Can you speak German?

You live Lahore? I've been to Lahore and some areas of Lahore are very developed, which is a good thing. However, nationally and internationally and even some internal matters haven't been so good after Nawaz Sharif came into power. For example, inflation and electricity, water supply and terrorism. Most importantly, security and the rights of citizens.

No, I wouldn't marry a non Pakistani guy tbh. Not cos I'm racist or something but because I can't see myself with a non Pakistani guy. Cultural differences etc.

Yes, I have and I always read it with translation.

Yes I can but its getting worse and worse day by day.
I'm commuting :smile:

Feel like the only hijabi thats ever lived on campus haha!
Original post by BabyChow
Feel like the only hijabi thats ever lived on campus haha!

haha lol. A friend of mine (hijabi) is also living on campus.

Which course are you doing and at which uni?
Hmmm how tall are you?
Original post by alirehman541
Hmmm how tall are you?

Not tall.

I'm Short and satisfied with my height lol. 5'2
Not tall.

I'm Short and satisfied with my height lol. 5'2

Haha that's good :smile: Hmmm do you wear a headscarf?
Reply 55
You live Lahore? I've been to Lahore and some areas of Lahore are very developed, which is a good thing. However, nationally and internationally and even some internal matters haven't been so good after Nawaz Sharif came into power. For example, inflation and electricity, water supply and terrorism. Most importantly, security and the rights of citizens.

No, I wouldn't marry a non Pakistani guy tbh. Not cos I'm racist or something but because I can't see myself with a non Pakistani guy. Cultural differences etc.

Yes, I have and I always read it with translation.

Yes I can but its getting worse and worse day by day.

Yeah some areas of Lahore look really nice and developed. Still a lot of work to be done though. Yeah prices are mad high. Some things are more expensive there than they are here which is somewhat shocking to me. Electricity shortage is the big issue that must be addressed. Fortunately I've a generator at my house so it's not a big problem for me but many don't and they have to live in the Pakistani summer heat without any ACs or fans. I feel sorry for them. NS has promised to end this problem of load shedding in a few years. Let's see if he is a man of his word or not.

Anyways back to the questions

Do you look Pakistani?
How do you deal with all the negativity and hatred towards Islam and Muslims in this country and on this forum?
Have you ever been abused for wearing the hijab?
Haha that's good :smile: Hmmm do you wear a headscarf?

yes I do.
yes I do.

Have you been in a relationship before?
Original post by Roger1
Yeah some areas of Lahore look really nice and developed. Still a lot of work to be done though. Yeah prices are mad high. Some things are more expensive there than they are here which is somewhat shocking to me. Electricity shortage is the big issue that must be addressed. Fortunately I've a generator at my house so it's not a big problem for me but many don't and they have to live in the Pakistani summer heat without any ACs or fans. I feel sorry for them. NS has promised to end this problem of load shedding in a few years. Let's see if he is a man of his word or not.

Anyways back to the questions

Do you look Pakistani?
How do you deal with all the negativity and hatred towards Islam and Muslims in this country and on this forum?
Have you ever been abused for wearing the hijab?

I agree with you on most part. But I doubt Nawaz Sharif will sort these problems.

1)- lol I'm a Pakistani so I guess I will look like one
2)- Its not too bad here in the UK, it was very bad in Germany. I'm glad I moved. Sometimes I argue and debate but sometimes I just leave it. Its not too bad tbh.
3)- No, I've never been abused for wearing hijab and even if someone does, I wouldn't care and continue wearing it.
Have you been in a relationship before?

No

Quick Reply

Latest