The Student Room Group

Wrong stamp - what can I do?

I sent a letter last night to a prospective employer thanking them for the invite to interview. I wrote a nice letter, put it on nice paper, printed out a label etc, and was all happy with myself when i put it into the postbox. However, I've just realised - the postage prices have changed! And I, rather idiotically, put the letter into an A4 envelope (It looked nice and didn't want to fold it). And I only put a first class stamp on it.

Argh! What do I do? Will it get there? And if it does, will they have to pay for it? I feel such an idiot, I'm so worried about what they're going to think of me. I'm so angry with myself. :mad:

Shellx
Reply 1
Royal mail said they weren't penalising folk for using the wrong stamps for the first few weeks (it was on GMTV :p: )
Reply 2
Ooooh, I really hope you're right! Will it still get there tomorrow though do you think, or will it be done as second class now?

Gotta love GMTV :p:

Shellx
Reply 3
No idea ,sorry but you could try their website http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/ where there is a customer service section. They'd know more than I would. Good Luck!
Reply 4
I'll try that then, thanks! x
Reply 5
The post is very slow at the moment, so even if they do treat it as first class it won't get there for a while

Latest

Trending

Trending