The Student Room Group
Original post by tal_08
It's probably a very silly question, but does anybody know if the find function works on the ukcat? [like cmd+f or ctrl+f on google chrome]. It would be really helpful, especially on the verbal reasoning! I'm practicing without it, but would be helpful to know!

Thanks!

I never thought to use the "find" function, and I'm not sure if it works. :no: That'd be very handy, though!

It'll be ctrl + f or cmd + f if it's a PC or Mac, but it might be a disabled function, you never know!
Reply 2
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
I never thought to use the "find" function, and I'm not sure if it works. :no: That'd be very handy, though!

It'll be ctrl + f or cmd + f if it's a PC or Mac, but it might be a disabled function, you never know!

Yeah, It's best to revise without it until at least until we know for sure! I shall investigate more!
I wouldn't have thought so. It kind of defeats the purpose of the test.

I would just practice skim reading and being able to spot specific words in a block of text.
Reply 4
Original post by shiggydiggy
I wouldn't have thought so. It kind of defeats the purpose of the test.

I would just practice skim reading and being able to spot specific words in a block of text.

I've been revising like your "supposed" to. I was just curious - will test it on the instruction screen of my UKCAT though! :biggrin:
So did you test it...did it work?
Reply 6
Original post by samcharles
So did you test it...did it work?

no sorry! :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by tal_08
It's probably a very silly question, but does anybody know if the find function works on the ukcat? [like cmd+f or ctrl+f on google chrome]. It would be really helpful, especially on the verbal reasoning! I'm practicing without it, but would be helpful to know!

Thanks!

I used ALT+N in the real test last year. That what I found on Medify ALT+F for flagging; ALT+E for ending a review; ALT+C for bringing up the calculator; ALT+P for going to the previous question; ALT+N for the next question.
Haha no such luck mate! :wink:
Reply 9
Original post by Prada:)
I used ALT+N in the real test last year. That what I found on Medify ALT+F for flagging; ALT+E for ending a review; ALT+C for bringing up the calculator; ALT+P for going to the previous question; ALT+N for the next question.

Wait so ALT n worked to find words in text??

Latest

Trending

Trending