The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Notes from Maths courses

I am trying to find past mathematic students of the University of Reading. The reason is i have missing notes from the courses and would like to see if any old students still have copies. So far i have been in touch with the maths dept and the lecturers of the course but with no luck. If anyone knows of any past students with course notes could they ask if they would mind if i contacted them about this matter.
The notes i am after are for courses run by Dr Corbas (now ex staff) and Dr Williams. The courses were analysis, algebra, rings,modules,Galois theory.linear algebra,algebraic topology.I can provide course codes if anyone is able to help.
Many thanks
Reply 1
Anyone?
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
sorry mate going to be a fresher cant you find anything on google?? Galois theory is ****ing crazy it blows my mind!!!
Reply 3
Afro
sorry mate going to be a fresher cant you find anything on google?? Galois theory is ****ing crazy it blows my mind!!!

I can but i was at Reading a few years back and sat a few courses.
I found my notes a while back but some are misssing. I just wanted to fill in the gaps. The notes were all hand written and i found them very useful.
Reply 4
ahhh i see!!! well best of luck!!!
Reply 5
one last plea to anyone who is, or knows someone who is at Reading doing mathematics
Dont think anyone has access to past notes evariste. Just wait until you get there. But first you got freshers week to look forward to!

Edit: Oops, just read your first post. I'll be going soon so ill get back to you after having a word with the department :biggrin:
Reply 7
tom the mathematician
Dont think anyone has access to past notes evariste. Just wait until you get there. But first you got freshers week to look forward to!

Edit: Oops, just read your first post. I'll be going soon so ill get back to you after having a word with the department :biggrin:

Hi, thanks for the offer. The dept is unable to help with this matter. I saw one of your posts and you mentioned you knew a student who has been at or is at Reading ? This is my best bet, buying the notes of anyone who has sat the course and has notes lying around.
Reply 8
Thought id bump this post as term is now well under-way. Anyone got friendly with any students with copies of Dr Corbas/Dr Williams/Dr stirling notes from a few years back?
Reply 9
I'm not sure how easy this would be. I have some notes from these two lecturers but in some of the courses they no longer use notes and in others they don't appear to use handwritten notes very often any more.
Thanks for the reply. Are you studying there now ? I feared they would not use the notes now, it was a fair while back when i was there. They also used to give question sheets every week (with some assessed) with full answers to the questions. Do they still do this?
Reply 11
evariste
Thanks for the reply. Are you studying there now ? I feared they would not use the notes now, it was a fair while back when i was there. They also used to give question sheets every week (with some assessed) with full answers to the questions. Do they still do this?

Yeah, we still get problem sheets in all the modules. I'm in the 3rd year of the BSc right now.
which modules are you looking for, am currently in 2nd year (altho doing maths and psychology) so can only give you notes for the first half of MA24A. altho looking back at them i hardly understand it (not a massive analysis fan)

Latest

Trending

Trending