The Student Room Group

Further Maths A Level

I have to do my maths A Level in year 12. Even tho I got a grade 9 at gcse I know it won’t be easy bc of the speed of learning the content. I need advice on how to stay on top of things, how often to revise and how to revise so that I can be at a grade A by March otherwise I will be dropped from the course and cannot pursue Econ. Please help!!
Original post by lili__1
I have to do my maths A Level in year 12. Even tho I got a grade 9 at gcse I know it won’t be easy bc of the speed of learning the content. I need advice on how to stay on top of things, how often to revise and how to revise so that I can be at a grade A by March otherwise I will be dropped from the course and cannot pursue Econ. Please help!!

Make plenty of notes.
I always found past papers to be really useful as well (not in a-level maths, just in general).
Reply 2
Original post by lili__1

Many schools do this - why do you need to be at a grade A by March? Is this a school in Barnet?
Reply 3
Original post by lili__1

I also was in the same situation as you last year, and my advice is to make sure that you stay on top of homework. Additionally, once you have made progress into the course / done a few chapters, make sure you make every exam practice question feasible and check against mark schemes, note weaknesses and improve. Once you near the end of the course, try to complete as many exam papers as possible and perform them in exam conditions to the best of your ability. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest