The Student Room Group

What happens if I fail half of my degree?

I do BA Politics and Economics and am a 1st yr and so far Politics seems chill while Economics is being a real challenge especially when it comes to the Maths. What happens if I fail to meet the passing grade for my Econ side? Will I be booted out of Econ altogether and forced to retake another year?

Note: I am super devasted after getting a low mark on one of the maths online quizzes that's about 25% worth of my entire grade. My last quiz i got 60% (which was also worth 25%) and this one i got 30%...but my final exam is worth 50% which I am super afraid of...
(edited 3 months ago)
Depends on your programme regulations although that would probably be the best case scenario.

Note that for joint honours courses it isn't the case they're seen as two separate qualifications you are doing at the same time like with A-levels...it's a single qualification covering both subjects. Failing half your modules, whatever "side" of the course they're in, is a significant issue and you would almost certainly be looking at retaking if not either being required to switch into another course (possibly from first year) or even being withdrawn from the university altogether.

I would recommend you speak to your personal tutor rather urgently about this if you are having issues across the board with those modules and they make up half your credits this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending