The Student Room Group

Why can't white people dance?

I went to a party the other day and it was majority white people at the party and I wanted the DJ to play some azonto music so I could dance but he kept on playing dance/house music and the white people kept on jumping up and down for every song that was played. It was the deadest party that I have ever been too. Oh and they were not even jumping in time with the music.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

You shouldn't say ALL white people because some are excellent dancers, but usually only the ones who train hard for it. Like ballet for example, beautiful soul shattering dance.
But I guess here in the UK they don't have the same traditions, so they just don't know how to dance. I'm a white person from Germany, and for out prom students have to do an elegant dance in front of parents and guests, so we learn. In many countries dancing is the life of the party. Here people just bounce :/ It's not necessarily bad but yeah, a bit more dancing I think would lift your spirits up more!
Racial banter.

Yeah well why can't black people swim?

Anyways.... I have to agree. Most white people I know can't dance dance but at the end of the day if you enjoy yourself it's all good.

For the record, I can dance pretty well.
As you noticed they dance to the lyrics, not the beat, plus they are usually the most drunk people there.
Reply 4
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I went to a party the other day and it was majority white people at the party and I wanted the DJ to play some azonto music so I could dance but he kept on playing dance/house music and the white people kept on jumping up and down for every song that was played. It was the deadest party that I have ever been too. Oh and they were not even jumping in time with the music.

Posted from TSR Mobile

house music isn't music you can dance to:

[video="youtube;3nd8WQy58Pw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nd8WQy58Pw[/video]

^ That is dancing ....
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
That's because you went to a party where everyone was off their face! Nothing to do with ethnicity.

Good drunk dancing is usually incredibly difficult, unless you're doing blues which is a bit slower and easier.

I've been going to social Lindy Hop dances for a couple of months and it's a tad annoying but you have to stay off the beers. Drinking too much also makes me a bit paranoid that I've forgotten the moves I know. A tiny bit of Dutch courage is good, especially when asking girls to dance, but no more than two in a night.
(edited 9 years ago)
Crazy [video="youtube;S6uDo9Nxc24"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6uDo9Nxc24[/video]
Original post by bittr n swt
Racial banter.

Yeah well why can't black people swim?

Anyways.... I have to agree. Most white people I know can't dance dance but at the end of the day if you enjoy yourself it's all good.

For the record, I can dance pretty well.

"
For the record, I can dance pretty well"

Proof -
(edited 9 years ago)
Lmfao, this thread is jokes.
I thought white people couldn't jump?
They can't run very fast either.

But tbh sounds like you weren't at the sort of place where people are really interested in showing off their dance skills. Lots of white people can dance, it's just not very possible to house music. I did modern dance/musical theatre for years but it's not the sort of moves you can crack out on the dance floor of a club haha!
Because it's fun to jump it's like gig culture. Nobody can really dance let's face it, if you're trying and not taking it too seriously then what's the problem? Plus black guys tend to think they're the bees knees when they're out and they're just doing the same moves as everyone else...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Meh most can dance really well (I'm not sure about them dancing azonto or afrobeats in general) but house isn't really danceable anyhoo
Reply 16
i would teach them to dance but they've got two left feet and keeps biting my moves....i love black kids
:bhangra::bhangra::bhangra::bhangra::bhangra::bhangra::bhangra::bhangra:
Reply 18
Answer is in the title.
Original post by Tai Ga
Answer is in the title.

sh0ts f1red

Quick Reply

Latest