Ea(glee)
Fall(con) Out Boy
Buzz(ard) Lightyear

ah there you are laura :h:

thank you for those splendid specimens :congrats:

the people of Haiti enjoy your skilz :yep:

acanadnew.png

Medam,
ou ka tande rimè sou yon baka nan chanm yo chanje.
Si ou vini nan tout move lespri sa a ki ka nan fòm lan
nan yon zandolit oswa yon ti chen, pa panike.
Mache bak soti nan chanm yo jiskaske ou rive nan resepsyon.
yon koze ak gwo Daphney.
Li se yon manbo ki kalifye epi li pral fas ak aparisyon an

Enock Fedner Thelemaque

Adjwen Manadjè Asistan nan lespri ak sa

Spoiler

Reply 3
I've been preying that this thread will come
Reply 4
Original post by 2021 Doomsday
Love will find a way through paths where wolves fear to pray.

thank your for this interesting suggestion :h:
Reply 5
You know why hunting is banned? It's ill-eagle nowadays
Reply 6
Original post by a_w_
I've been preying that this thread will come

:woo: you have a genuine talon for puns :teehee:

aqvic.png
Reply 7
Original post by a_w_

:woo:atoppun.png
Reply 8
:woo:so you didn't get a Phalacrocorax aristotelis :teehee:

anoakes.png
Reply 9
Kes of the Spider Woman

Spoiler

Reply 10
time to roost

:wavey:

:parrot:

cu2moro
Reply 11
what does cheese pray to?

Cheesus
A documentary about birds of prey preening:-

The Eagle has Laundered
Original post by a_w_

I went to an ill eagle rave. Loads of eagles throwing up everywhere
Im very eagle to think of some uns for this thread

Harley Quinn Davidson

For that last pun, I was thinking outside the Bird Box

The White Tailed Eagle Cliffs of Dover

Theres a bit of a Covid outbreak in Australia, on the Golden Eagle coast
The Hawkshank Redemption
A sparrow hawk is arrested for the murders of several mice and voles, and condemned to life in prison. He was already the most unconventional prisoner to beakgin with, but watch how unconventional he becomes.

The Dark Kite Rises
Wayne, a Bat Kite and aspiring terrorist attacks Gotham City. Predictably, the Mayor calls on Batman to help, but evidently has little knowledge of the feeding habits of birds of prey native to subsaharan Africa. Wayne makes short work of devouring Batman, and Gotham City falls to his evil regime.

Vulture Shock
An amusing show in which various shocking facts are revealed to various participant vultures live on air. Revealing everything from spousal infidelity to general impropriety, this show serves little purpose other than to traumatise the participants and create the occasional amusing tableau for the audience. It’s basically like Jeremy Kyle, but with Vultures.

Fly Hard
Hoping to spend Christmas with family, a buzzard makes his way home to LA. However, upon arrival he rapidly becomes embroiled in a hostage situation. This is resolved very quickly as he is able to dive-bomb assailants as well depositing seemingly-unlimited faecal matter on them. Evidently it’s not so lucky after all, eh?

No Country for Old Hen
An elderly female owl decides she’s done with the same old b******* and emigrates to warmer climes. She stumbles across $2.000.000 from a drug deal gone awry, and decides to keep it. Fortunately there is no comeback from this, and she lives happily ever after in understated luxury.
Reply 16
I was eagle-y awaiting this thread and vulture-ly en-raptor-ed to see it arrive... quite aerie that i was just thinking about it.

I have tried out my Talon for designing a poster with the hungry raptor in mind. Owl's about this one?
I trust everyone will give a raptorous welcome to this subject and that nobody will give it the bird, and there should certainly be no falcon about. I'm sure those of a religious bent will be preying for such a reception.

I saw two pictures of a hawk the other day; one was the spitting image of the other. [Maybe someone will understand that pun and my faith in modern teaching of English won't suffer another jolt].

I'd like to put in a special word for the lammergeier, the bird that is reputed to have killed the Greek philosopher Aeschylus by dropping a tortoise on his bald head, seemingly mistaking it for a stone on which to crack its shell. Ironically, the great thinker had a bit of a thing for staying outdoors as he'd been the subject of a prophecy in which he was foretold a death from falling objects. He thought he'd be safe if he avoided having anything over his head. It shows the limits of philosophy.

And, of course, allows me to end with a suggestion that Aeschylus ended his life emitting great owls of anguish and pain.
Reply 18
Original post by Good bloke
I'd like to put in a special word for the lammergeier, the bird that is reputed to have killed the Greek philosopher Aeschylus by dropping a tortoise on his bald head, seemingly mistaking it for a stone on which to crack its shell. Ironically, the great thinker had a bit of a thing for staying outdoors as he'd been the subject of a prophecy in which he was foretold a death from falling objects. He thought he'd be safe if he avoided having anything over his head. It shows the limits of philosophy.

And, of course, allows me to end with a suggestion that Aeschylus ended his life emitting great owls of anguish and pain.

I assume the tortoise was treated as carrion luggage for the flight.

Your story vulture-ly grew on me (this one will only mean something to anyone with a good knowledge of bird names).

PS: I'm still puzzling over the spitting image reference.

PPS: I was lucky enough to see a wandering Lammergier in the Peak District last year... somewhat lost I suspect, as it should have been in the Alps
Reply 19
Original post by Joleee
what does cheese pray to?

Cheesus

:facepalm2:

prey not pray

Quick Reply

Latest