The Student Room Group

Why does no one stare at me in public?

I think people stare at someone out of curiosity. It's not about how attractive or good looking you are but how different you are or the different or dominating confident vibe u are giving. I have a frnd.. She is really below average to me.. But she try to be very confident. She always dress her best. Her look is masculine but she mix it with faminine jewelry. So she looks really different. I appreciate her effort. But lots of people always stare at her face for no reason. I think it's because of her different looks. You know in these days good looks is common thn the below average or maybe someone who looks different like her. Nd also I think lots of average people avoid staring at good looking people directly or that much.. Sorry but maybe they doesn't want to make themselves feel less attractive. Nd also people are very busy with their struggling life. They are not in a mood of discovering who is good looking or not. Also lots of people knowingly or unknowingly don't want to Make a good looking person feel more good looking. They don't want to add your ego by giving you more attention. Maybe you are more attractive thn what people's think what is attractive to them.. So maybe they are confused by your looks nd make choice to not look at you that much cause human's mind is judgemental. People love to judge or stare. But if someone is out of their judgment they definitely gonna avoid it. It is same as ignoring a match problem out of our syllabus🙃.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sampurna
I think people stare at someone out of curiosity. It's not about how attractive or good looking you are but how different you are or the different or dominating confident vibe u are giving. I have a frnd.. She is really below average to me.. But she try to be very confident. She always dress her best. Her look is masculine but she mix it with faminine jewelry. So she looks really different. I appreciate her effort. But lots of people always stare at her face for no reason. I think it's because of her different looks. You know in these days good looks is common thn the below average or maybe someone who looks different like her. Nd also I think lots of average people avoid staring at good looking people directly or that much.. Sorry but maybe they doesn't want to make themselves feel less attractive. Nd also people are very busy with their struggling life. They are not in a mood of discovering who is good looking or not. Also lots of people knowingly or unknowingly don't want to Make a good looking person feel more good looking. They don't want to add your ego by giving you more attention. Maybe you are more attractive thn what people's think what is attractive to them.. So maybe they are confused by your looks nd make choice to not look at you that much cause human's mind is judgemental. People love to judge or stare. But if someone is out of their judgment they definitely gonna avoid it. It is same as ignoring a match problem out of our syllabus🙃.

🤮 🤮
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
🤮 🤮

What ?
What ?

My reaction to your self-obsessive post.
That whole OP is an absolute mess.
Yea other people are getting on with their lives and looking wherever they you absolute diva :tongue:
Reply 6
My reaction to your self-obsessive post.

This is not self - obsessive.. This is what I learn after my spiritual awakening journey. That everything is neutrl in reality. So u can give ur own experience any meaning this is up 2 u. Nd Not self obsessive but Self observer...Which is good thn the people pleasing one.
This is not self - obsessive.. This is what I learn after my spiritual awakening journey. That everything is neutrl in reality. So u can give ur own experience any meaning this is up 2 u. Nd Not self obsessive but Self observer...Which is good thn the people pleasing one.

Oh and condescending...

"She is really below average to me.. But she try to be very confident. She always dress her best. Her look is masculine but she mix it with faminine jewelry. So she looks really different. I appreciate her effort. But lots of people always stare at her face for no reason..."
Reply 8
Oh and condescending...

"She is really below average to me.. But she try to be very confident. She always dress her best. Her look is masculine but she mix it with faminine jewelry. So she looks really different. I appreciate her effort. But lots of people always stare at her face for no reason..."

Omg.. She is she! .. She always tell others that all girls must be black.. Nd according to her barbie dolls are ugly.. Nd all girls should look like hardik pandya ( an Indian cricketer). All girls should have long face. That's her golden rules about beauty. Nd she always try to make others jealous. So yes this types of peoples also exist in our society. Nd evn if someone has some insecurity she can take it 2 the nxt lvl by Affiraming it all day. She acts like a makeup artist or a beauty adviser... But I think if someone come with this type of mindset.. Her intention isn't pure Or maybe she is in delusion.
Original post by Anonymous
Omg.. She is she! .. She always tell others that all girls must be black.. Nd according to her barbie dolls are ugly.. Nd all girls should look like hardik pandya ( an Indian cricketer). All girls should have long face. That's her golden rules about beauty. Nd she always try to make others jealous. So yes this types of peoples also exist in our society. Nd evn if someone has some insecurity she can take it 2 the nxt lvl by Affiraming it all day. She acts like a makeup artist or a beauty adviser... But I think if someone come with this type of mindset.. Her intention isn't pure Or maybe she is in delusion.

Lots of delusion in this thread.
Reply 10
Maybe you are more attractive thn what people's think what is attractive to them...So maybe they are confused by your looks nd make choice to not look at you that much cause human's mind is judgemental.

I'm confused by your spelling...

bruh how can you just say someone is really below average to you? this "friend" of yours doesnt deserve you
Original post by Surnia

Same. reading the first post is a pain when OP can't even spell properly

Ok.. I'm sorry for that

People are more likely to stare (or notice) those who stand out from everyone else. This may be because they are far better looking than everyone else, or it may be just that they look or act in an unusual manner.

For instance, I'm black and I remember once walking around in a couple of towns where litereally EVERYONE was white. In one of them, I felt very uncomfortable and uneasy about it (at the time, there was an asylum centre proposed near by, and the residents were not happy about it)... the other time, people were very friendly, and I got approached and answered a few random (ignorant) questions.

Conversely, at one of my cousins wedding, everyone was dressed smart, but there was one guy in jeans and a vest... a lot of people didn't like him and gave him some stick, but I didn't mind as that dude had some sick dance moves.

Similarly, if someone presents themselves in an unusual manner in a conservative environment (e.g. Emo/ goth; a raver etc.) of course people are gonna notice.
Original post by Surnia

I don't think it's really fair to attack the grammar here, when it seems English probably isn't their first language. By all means go for the view points if you think they're being conceited, but anyone who's had to learn another language will know what a struggle it can be to articulate yourself properly.
Be glad. Being gawked at isn't enjoyable.
Reply 17
Ok.. I'm sorry for that

Why are you now Anonymous when your username is on the first post?
Reply 18
Original post by Old Skool Freak
I don't think it's really fair to attack the grammar here, when it seems English probably isn't their first language. By all means go for the view points if you think they're being conceited, but anyone who's had to learn another language will know what a struggle it can be to articulate yourself properly.

Spelling, not grammar, and it comes over as an affectation, like all the ngl, irl, yk, idk, when we are asked not to use text-speak on here.
Original post by 1582
Be glad. Being gawked at isn't enjoyable.

I disagree. I'm 6"6 and so everyone stares at me everywhere and i quite enjoy it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending