The Student Room Group

Homeless in Exeter?

Hello all,
I have just received an email from Exeter University telling me that it is extremely unlikely that I will be offered a room. :frown:

Asking for any advice or a helping hand.

Thanks
Tough situation, try find private accomodation other insurance students are using? Ring them up and ask them what yoy should do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I've received the same email and have no idea what to do. :confused:

How much help do you reckon the uni will be in finding alternative accommodation?

Also wonder how many other people are in the same situation, and how much private accommodation is actually available at such late notice?
Reply 3
I imagine everyone turning up to one flat, and then commence a fight to the death.
Reply 4
I'm unfortunately having to drop out of my student house this year and am looking for someone to take my place if either of you are in need of a room? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by shazfp
I'm unfortunately having to drop out of my student house this year and am looking for someone to take my place if either of you are in need of a room? :smile:

How much is the rent including bills?
Reply 6
Original post by gemmasz
I've received the same email and have no idea what to do. :confused:

How much help do you reckon the uni will be in finding alternative accommodation?

Also wonder how many other people are in the same situation, and how much private accommodation is actually available at such late notice?

As per my experience, Uni will not offer you much help in finding alternative accommodation.. they'd suggest you to look for private accommodation.
Reply 7
Original post by sangexeter
Hello all,
I have just received an email from Exeter University telling me that it is extremely unlikely that I will be offered a room. :frown:

Thanks

I'd suggest you start looking for private accommodation. Are you postgrad?
Reply 8
Original post by Kiki_
How much is the rent including bills?

It's £105 a week plus bills. Which i've been told will be around £12-15 per week. The only figure i can definitely give you in regards to bills is internet as it's already up and running which comes to £5 per month. (Except the first month which includes the installation fee).
There's some pictures on the below advert:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/flats-houses/urgentdouble-room-available-in-friendly-5-bed-student-house/1079003561
Reply 9
Original post by shazfp
It's £105 a week plus bills. Which i've been told will be around £12-15 per week. The only figure i can definitely give you in regards to bills is internet as it's already up and running which comes to £5 per month. (Except the first month which includes the installation fee).
There's some pictures on the below advert:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/flats-houses/urgentdouble-room-available-in-friendly-5-bed-student-house/1079003561

Thanks for sharing the link & info. Yeah, I came across this advert. on gumtree. I'm afraid its over my budget. But thanks
Reply 10
Original post by shazfp

Is this still available? Looks like a great house and I really need somewhere to live this year :smile:
Is anyone on here still looking for a place to rent?
Reply 12
I am looking for a room/house share/room share near Uni/Streatham Campus, rent starting from 15-Sep-14. Budget is 65-70 pounds incl. bills. Preference: Female house share.
Does anyone know of any rooms available with above specification? Cheers
Reply 13
Original post by Kiki_
I am looking for a room/house share/room share near Uni/Streatham Campus, rent starting from 15-Sep-14. Budget is 65-70 pounds incl. bills. Preference: Female house share.
Does anyone know of any rooms available with above specification? Cheers

You could maybe rent a garden shed at that price including bills. The rent won't start from then, it'll either be from the 1st September or earlier. As for it being just females, you're going to have to look.
Reply 14
Still not able to find a room.
Help?
Original post by sangexeter
Hello all,

Thanks

Hello,
Have you found accommodation yet? I am a female student currently living in Lopes Hall, Exeter Halls. However, due to financial reasons, I need to leave my room and as a consequence my bedspace would be available.

I am currently living in a shared twin-standard room, with a lovely roommate. The twinrooms are a lot bigger than the single rooms, therefore space is not a problem. Moreover, it is convinient as living in a twinroom is a lot cheaper than living in a single room.

A kitchen is provided in the hall of residence, however this is a catered accommodation, therefore you never have to worry about cooking! More information can be found on the following webpage:

http://www.exeter.ac.uk/accommodation/residences/catered/exeterhalls/

You can also find pictures on the webpage. As you can see Lopes Hall is a beautiful old building, with a lot of character. It is located only a 5 minute walk away from the main parts of the Streatham campus, to include the forum. Moreover, it is located approximately 2 minutes walking distance away from e.g. the business-school.

Please get in touch if you are interested! You may contact me by phone: 07944598382, or by e-mail.

Sincerly,
Martine E. Moldestad​​
Reply 16
I've just moved in with unitestudents.com
Thank you everyone for their advice, it was very helpful! :smile:
Anyone still got a room? Getting desperate now... :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending