The Student Room Group

bf got mad at me for giving food to homeless guy

guys idk if i’m in the wrong but it’s Ramadan right and i was walking past a homeless guy w my bf & the homeless guy was shivering & so i asked if he was hungry he then said yes so i got him food.

context: im lowkey broke not broke broke but i can afford to eat comfortably but i didnt want to spend & my bf knows this. i wanted to see him today & we were meant to eat later my treat but i told him i don’t want to go anywhere expensive, just somewhere where it’s comfortable to eat & he said he didn’t mind this.

when i bought the homeless guy food, my bf didn’t say anything but his face looked ****ed. i said what’s wrong? he said that money could’ve went to me ……….

we then argued after that & he was acting like a child & i said i may be broke but the guy is homeless, be more selfless etc

am i the wrong? we both left each other and just went on our trains but i don’t know how to feel about this & about him as a person.
You've not done anything wrong, so you have nothing to feel guilty about. It's really nice that you did a good deed for that man and there's no reason for your boyfriend to get mad as you had decided prior to the situation that you were going to go to a cheaper place anyway. It's your money, your choice what you do with it - I can understand why boyfriend might be frustrated because he cares about you, but there's no reason for him to behave that way. Might want to let him calm down a bit and have a calm conversation about this, before making any further decisions - I hope everything goes well.
I think you've summed it up yourself with this comment:

Original post by Anonymous
he was acting like a child

As above, you need to have a word and see if his attitude stinks after he's calmed down a bit.
Reply 3
Don’t go out with someone that lacks compassion

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending