The Student Room Group

What can I do?

I moved back in with my parents after dropping out of uni-

I basically stood up to my mum who keeps putting me down about everything I do- I understand I’m in her house but I can’t just let her belittle me for giving my opinion back all the time. now I might be kicked out.

I’m not rude/ don’t start arguments- she thinks it’s okay to say insults/ nasty comments but when I give her the same energy back she loses it. I’m an adult and would prefer to discuss things civilly but she always shouts.

I don’t have much money and I’m really worried about what to do now- I will be homeless
contact the council and make a homeless application, they should be able to refer you to a hotel if you are still under 18 as you are emergency homeless or crash at a friend's. The council can also give you advice and suggestions such as my local council reffered me to a homeless charity who placed me in supported housing within a month. I had a flat and place to myself for a while. Get a job then save up money to rent privately, apply for council housing. Do everything you can.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending