The Student Room Group

higher modern studies assignment

so my topic is homelessness in uk but I'm still not completely sure what I'm i supposed so to google to include in my assignment?
what sort of evidence do you need to include
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Sui.
so my topic is homelessness in uk but I'm still not completely sure what I'm i supposed so to google to include in my assignment?
what sort of evidence do you need to include

Hello Rui, to research homelessness in the UK, focus on key aspects such as:

1. **Statistics:** Look for recent data on the number of homeless individuals, trends, and demographics. Government websites and reputable research organizations can be valuable sources.

2. **Causes:** Investigate the root causes of homelessness, including economic factors, mental health issues, substance abuse, and social policies.

3. **Government Initiatives:** Explore programs and policies implemented by the UK government to address homelessness. Assess their effectiveness and impact.

4. **Local Initiatives:** Research community-based organizations and charities working to alleviate homelessness. Include information on their efforts and success stories.

5. **Personal Stories:** Include narratives from homeless individuals or interviews with experts in the field. Personal stories can provide a human perspective on the issue.

6. **Housing Policies:** Examine existing housing policies and regulations in the UK. Assess how they contribute to or mitigate homelessness.

7. **Comparisons:** Compare homelessness in the UK with other countries or regions. This can provide context and help identify potential solutions.

Remember to critically evaluate your sources for reliability and credibility. You may consider reaching out for a chat.
Reply 2
thanks, could you also include quotes or things that charities have said that tackle homelessness say should be done to minimise and end homelessness?
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 3
Yes, i think it would be great to include them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending