The Student Room Group

Quarter life crisis, any advice?

I'm 25 year old and homeless. I'm getting support from housing associations now in London and was wondering how he process is like and the homes? I was told I probably be sharing. I just got a job and earn around 25K. I feel alienated should I be worried, my end goal is to have my own apartment one day.
Reply 1
personally i don’t think you should be worried. you’ve got this! having the housing support is great and you also have a job, good on you
Original post by avocado25
I'm 25 year old and homeless. I'm getting support from housing associations now in London and was wondering how he process is like and the homes? I was told I probably be sharing. I just got a job and earn around 25K. I feel alienated should I be worried, my end goal is to have my own apartment one day.

Hi if you’re in temporary housing/emergency housing you’ll be there until they find you a place to stay, if you’re single then it’ll most likely be shared housing but you may be able to get a place for single occupancy. I’m not sure on this since I was with my partner. But when you get a place, you have to pay council tax and rent on time then you’ll be able to apply for permanent housing and I think they have a payment plan where you go on a ‘right to buy’ scheme and can even buy the flat/accommodation at a discounted price :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by avocado25

In your world, how is being homeless a quarter life crisis...?
Original post by Quady
In your world, how is being homeless a quarter life crisis...?

Probably a lot of time dwelling on your situation and lack of/missed opportunities seeing everyone else walk around you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending