The Student Room Group

Share opinions

Hi all! I am new here and would like to ask you a few questions. Here's about me: I am from Bulgaria, 16, will be entering my junior (11th grade) year in September and will have one year to prepare and then apply to med schools in the UK.
Since I am not originally from the UK the schools that I can apply to (i.e. the ones that accept my school leaving diploma as entry qualification) are limited. I have chosen the first three (give me opinions on these as well) but I am still thinking about the fourth one so please help me.
My first three choices are: King's college London, Universities of Sheffield and Nottingham. What do you think about these schools and their medical programmes? For my fourth choice, I've been thinking about Exeter, Keele and Queen's University Belfast (though it's in Northern Ireland) and maybe East Anglia (if they accept my diploma) - so what are your thoughts on these institutions?
Also, these are all unis that require the UKCAT, not the BMAT - simply because I can't properly prepare for it in my country.

Thanks in advance
Stanimir xx
Hi! I'm applying this year for 2015 entry. Don't take my word for it but I've heard that those 3 unis have high UKCAT cutoffs so it's smart of you to choose Keele/East Anglia, etc. as a backup. Although ensure you apply to your strengths and practice for the UKCAT :smile: Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by sharvarivadeyar
Hi! I'm applying this year for 2015 entry. Don't take my word for it but I've heard that those 3 unis have high UKCAT cutoffs so it's smart of you to choose Keele/East Anglia, etc. as a backup. Although ensure you apply to your strengths and practice for the UKCAT :smile: Good luck!

Hi, thanks! Which unis are you applying to? Have you taken the UKCAT yet and if yes - what is your score?
And yes - Keele/EA/Exeter are like a safety choice.
Original post by Stanimirr
Hi, thanks! Which unis are you applying to? Have you taken the UKCAT yet and if yes - what is your score?
And yes - Keele/EA/Exeter are like a safety choice.

I've booked it for the 9th of September eep! After I get my score I'll decide on unis.
Reply 4
Original post by sharvarivadeyar
I've booked it for the 9th of September eep! After I get my score I'll decide on unis.

Good luck!!! *fingerscrossed*
Original post by Stanimirr
Good luck!!! *fingerscrossed*

hehe thank youuu! Good luck to you too! xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending