The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Yo, is it nice up there?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Are you asking in any specific sense, or just generally?
Apart from our recent bout of rain, it's pretty great up here. There are loads of little blueish-white flowers out, and they're very pretty, although I have no idea what they actually are. *shrug* I should slow down when I'm cycling and take a proper look.
ImperceptibleNinja
=0 Make something delightfully appetising and laced with laxatives. I'm sure that'll narrow down the suspects.

Although... do you each have your own bathroom, or do you share? *begins to suspect flaws in cunning plan*

That was actually my plan too. Only I was going to label them "FILLED WITH LAXATIVES - EAT AT OWN RISK". Then they'd laugh - eat them - and get a nasty surprise when they actually ARE laced with laxative :>
ImperceptibleNinja
Are you asking in any specific sense, or just generally?
Apart from our recent bout of rain, it's pretty great up here. There are loads of little blueish-white flowers out, and they're very pretty, although I have no idea what they actually are. *shrug* I should slow down when I'm cycling and take a proper look.

Take a look at the Castlecliffe gardens for some awesome flowers. Only problem is that they rarely open it, but last time I was there I was amazed by the gardening skills of the economics department.

Pity about the rain today, at least it wasn't horrendously cold.
By the way, I'm very excited that you're back on TSR! How's it all going?
Hahaha, i'm back mainly since I have four tests coming up. Procrastination! Have to love TSR though! I should prod Blondemoment to get back on for a while. Maybe i'll find some academic kids?

It's going well, if only it was sunnier!
Reply 386
Howdy, this seems like a good place to drop by with this particular question. i'm actually irish and my ucas form was a bit of a spur of the moment thing(i always found christmas break gave me too much time to think and come up with little brainwaves like leaving the country... sigh), meaning that while i've applied to st andrews(edinburgh too actually) i've never actually been to scotland! altho i've heard it's cold and wet; just like home then. so err, what's scotland like generally? any words of wisdom?
you'll be right at home if you're irish! Pretty british with more potatos and mince.
Reply 388
more patatos and mince?? oh no.... i picked the wrong island! lol, should have gone to sicily or something, pasta, yum yum :smile:
I know I've been a bit quiet on here lately but guess what, Im in the prospectus for 2009 entry on the chemistry page! woooooooo so excited!
You are??!

Apparently the new prospectus is pretty cool :smile:

Must be if our very own TSR steeeeevo is in it!
Reply 391
foireannj
Howdy, this seems like a good place to drop by with this particular question. i'm actually irish and my ucas form was a bit of a spur of the moment thing(i always found christmas break gave me too much time to think and come up with little brainwaves like leaving the country... sigh), meaning that while i've applied to st andrews(edinburgh too actually) i've never actually been to scotland! altho i've heard it's cold and wet; just like home then. so err, what's scotland like generally? any words of wisdom?

Dia duit, I'm Irish too and there's actually basically just me here in St Andrews from Ireland. Well yeah there's a couple of other people too, and quite a few from the Belfast area. I was in the Irish society in my first year and there was a total of 5 people, society eventually died out. But don't fret. The Scottish like to think they are Irish, every pub is advertising St Patricks day here, it's great.
Reply 392
Skeve
Dia duit, I'm Irish too and there's actually basically just me here in St Andrews from Ireland. Well yeah there's a couple of other people too, and quite a few from the Belfast area. I was in the Irish society in my first year and there was a total of 5 people, society eventually died out. But don't fret. The Scottish like to think they are Irish, every pub is advertising St Patricks day here, it's great.

Heh, I was discussing this with my girlfriend earlier! Well, she's lived in England for all of her life but holds an Irish passport. Nevertheless, the Scottish Exec would still pay her tuition fees if she went to a Scottish uni! Terrible isn't it! :p:

Do lots of people wonder round with the Guinness hats too? :smile:
People obsess over the hats. They cry at the absence of hats. They pounce on strangers with hats and hug them, offering them anything - anything at all - for one try on - just 5 seconds, please? - of the hat.

Well, not quite. My mate was only on the verge of tears in reality. =)
Reply 394
MarshallM
Heh, I was discussing this with my girlfriend earlier! Well, she's lived in England for all of her life but holds an Irish passport. Nevertheless, the Scottish Exec would still pay her tuition fees if she went to a Scottish uni! Terrible isn't it! :p:

Ooo where abouts in suffolk are you from?
Reply 395
Just outside Ipswich, unfortunately! Why so?
Reply 396
MarshallM
Just outside Ipswich, unfortunately! Why so?

Ah right, just wondering because I live in Ipswich :smile:
MarshallM

OMG!! So....if i get myself an Irish passport I'll qualify for SAAS funding and they'll pay my fees?? :eek:
Reply 398
mousy
Ah right, just wondering because I live in Ipswich :smile:

Cool! Kesgrave here (Kesgrave High School). How do you usually travel to and from St. Andrews? :smile:
Reply 399
chester_2005
OMG!! So....if i get myself an Irish passport I'll qualify for SAAS funding and they'll pay my fees?? :eek:

I'm not 100% sure, but that's what my girlfriend tells me. Time we started exporting less potatoes, I feel.

Latest

Trending

Trending