The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

How crazy do you plan on getting?

I'm starting Surrey this year doing Economics and Finance.
I'm posting cause I'm curious to get a feel on peoples plans. Party all year first year, because it doesn't count to your final grade as long as you pass? Freshers and that's it? Do some people plan on not going out at all?
I wanna see what Surrey is like :smile:
I'm personally not going to any massive parties that involve lots of people, but what ever you enjoy doing I'm sure that you will find someone else who thinks in the same way, I would certainly not reconmend parting all year round as mainly most would not have the money to do this but partying occasionally, more regularly for some than others, is probably the best way to go for most. I'm going Surrey in September as well but I am certainly no treating the first year any less seriously than the others, the information you learn may become important for further years and plus it gets you to learn how to work best and get into a routine which is comfortable and effective for you but at the end of the day it is up to the individual and what ever way you decide to live your life at Surrey, like I said before, you will find someone who feels the same way.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
im going to stay in my dorm and read russian literature.
Reply 3
KiwiMonkey what are you studying? I personally plan to finish all my coursework and stuff as soon as possible when I'm given it, and then kick back and go crazy :smile: I hate deadline pressure.
Reply 4
Russian literature... my first challenge was Cyrillic, the next was learning actual Russian. I'll get to it someday haha
Original post by Njenga23
KiwiMonkey what are you studying? I personally plan to finish all my coursework and stuff as soon as possible when I'm given it, and then kick back and go crazy :smile: I hate deadline pressure.

I'm doing biomedical sciences :smile: tbh you should try and do coursework as soon as possible anyways, and if you've completed it then it's up to you what you want to do with your time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending