The Student Room Group

Missing 14 year old-Alice Gross.

Alice Gross went missing on Thursday (28th August). She was last seen as she was leaving her home in Hanwell (in London) at around 1pm on Thursday. She left home with her mobile only which is turned off and she was expected to arrive home at 6pm. Her phone was last tracked near Ealing Broadway station at around 11:15pm on Thursday. She suffers from anorexia so she is very vulnerable. Her family and friends are all very worried and they would appreciate your help!

How you can help:

1. Spread the word on social media...use the hashtag AliceGross
2.Put up a poster in your area. http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/help-us-find/alice-gross-14-004178. Here is another poster: https://www.facebook.com/groups/435881003216659/
3. If you have seen her then please call 101. She is described as white, 5ft 2ins tall of slim build with shoulder length light brown hair. She was last seen wearing dark blue jeans, a dark green lacy cardigan and denim blue 'Vans' shoes. She may have tartan-framed spectacles with her. (click on the links above to see how she looks).

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/alice-gross-missing-fears-14-year-old-4134064

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-28997068
While I very much appreciate your intention, I'm always wary of threads like this, and missing persons announcements on the internet in general, because a lot of the time when children of this age go missing it is due to bad home situations (although I'm not saying that this is the case with Gross). Multiple-person announcements are especially skeevy. If a mother goes missing with her young children, for instance, raising awareness of their physical descriptions and where they might have gone is dangerous because the announcement could well have been posted by an abusive partner seeking to find them. Just a heads-up for those looking at this thread.
This sort of thing is better spread through word of mouth via social media sites as opposed to forums like this where it won't gain much traction.
Many people go missing.. She's not special

Of course she's special to her family but if you want us to help find every missing person then don't just give us one person...what about the rest?

Like how Maddie gets way much attention than any other kid. It's not right imo
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by bittr n swt

She will be to somebody.

This is dumb. So we shouldn't look for any missing persons?
Original post by Mackay
She will be to somebody.

Original post by thunder_chunky
This is dumb. So we shouldn't look for any missing persons?

This is a dumb interpretation. Try again

Nvm I edited previous post to explain better
(edited 9 years ago)
This is a dumb interpretation. Try again

Nvm I edited previous post to explain better

No you just wrote it out badly.

Of course she's special to her family but if you want us to help find every missing person then don't just give us one person...what about the rest?

So individual cases and appeals for missing persons shouldn't be passed around at all because it's giving them preferential treatment? You're talking out your ass, regardless if what you're trying to say.
Original post by thunder_chunky
No you just wrote it out badly.

So individual cases and appeals for missing persons shouldn't be passed around at all because it's giving them preferential treatment? You're talking out your ass, regardless if what you're trying to say.

I don't care what you think.

It's sad but it's bitterly true.

The media only care about young, pretty girls. Madeline is the perfect example. I saw a thing once where a detective said to a bunch of people that something like at any time 70 children are missing in the UK (I really can't remember the figure that could be miles off, but it was quite large) and then he said "can anybody name one of them children, other than Madeline".... And no one could.

I'm not sure if anyone here watched a TV series Broadchurch, if you did you'll remember Danny's parents tried to get in contact with the media for help but they didn't want to because he was a boy and a few years too old
Original post by AdamCee
It's sad but it's bitterly true.

The media only care about young, pretty girls. Madeline is the perfect example. I saw a thing once where a detective said to a bunch of people that something like at any time 70 children are missing in the UK (I really can't remember the figure that could be miles off, but it was quite large) and then he said "can anybody name one of them children, other than Madeline".... And no one could.

I'm not sure if anyone here watched a TV series Broadchurch, if you did you'll remember Danny's parents tried to get in contact with the media for help but they didn't want to because he was a boy and a few years too old

Exactly my point. It's sad and I don't like how certain kids get TV time and others are fighting just to even get onto a radio or local newspaper
Exactly my point. It's sad and I don't like how certain kids get TV time and others are fighting just to even get onto a radio or local newspaper

So therefore no individual campaigns should happen at all according to you. Complete rubbish.
This thread has been locked temporarily pending review.

Latest

Trending

Trending