The Student Room Group

do you shave your anus?

I never even thought about it when i was young, because...why would i?
It's not an area of my body that i can see, thus it never occurred to me that it should be shaved.

Do people find it gross to be left alone? And when it comes to intimate relations, is it a concern if you have hair there? How do you even shave hair in your butt crack 😅
Original post by Anonymous
It's not an area of my body that i can see, thus it never occurred to me that it should be shaved.

Do people find it gross to be left alone? And when it comes to intimate relations, is it a concern if you have hair there? How do you even shave hair in your butt crack 😅

Butt hair is useful: https://hellotushy.com/blogs/good-hygiene/why-do-we-have-butt-hair
IMG_5271.jpeg
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/butt-hair#tips
https://www.healthline.com/health/butt-hair
Don't have hair growing there but I do remove hair around it, yeah
Reply 3
Please try not to worry. My wife has a hairy anus (indeed, she has a very full pubic bush) and often doesn’t shave. I think she looks beautiful.
I wax it because I hate having hair down there. I can't imagine it to bother people though
Original post by Anonymous

Hey there,

It's Alice from Brook here - we're a sexual health organisation that is helping answer some of your questions throughout Sexual Health Week :smile:

First things first, body hair, especially around your genitals and your anus, is completely normal. Pretty much everyone grows hair in these areas, some people slightly more, and some people slightly less, but we definitely all have hair here!

At times, we might have sex with someone who has a different preference for how much hair is on certain areas of the body and again, this isn't uncommon. What is important here is that you are not pressured to change if you are happy with your hair and you should not be made to feel ashamed or embarrassed of it either. What you decide to do with this hair is completely up to you and you should never feel pressured by anyone else to shave your hair (or keep it) if you don't want to. It's important you do whatever is most comfortable for you and your body.

Some people like to remove all of their hair (not just from this area, but also the rest of their body!), some like to keep it but keep it trimmed and groomed, and others like to let it grow freely. All of these options are valid and safe as long as we practice good hygiene. All bodies are different and that should be celebrated!

If you are wanting to remove hair from your body then you need to make sure you find the safest and best method for you, especially when it comes to intimate areas. You can shave with razors, trim with scissors, wax or pluck and you can do these by yourself at home, or for methods like waxing, you can go to a salon to have done by a professional. It's important to do your research and make sure you that you are safe both with the method of hair removal and with aftercare, especially if you are doing this at home.

Hope this helps!
bruv just keep it clean and he'll have a good time

Quick Reply

Latest