The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

History At Warwick? Can I Apply?!?!?!

Hi, my AS results were not what i had hope for but i want to apply for history at warwick, i got
A-History
C-Chemistry
C-Maths
E-physics
i am dropping physics. Do i have any chance of getting an offer from Warwick of any similar unis if i apply? and is physics worth retaking? I am hoping to be predicted ABB :/
thanks x

Scroll to see replies

Original post by niicraymond
Hi, my AS results were not what i had hope for but i want to apply for history at warwick, i got
A-History
C-Chemistry
C-Maths
E-physics
i am dropping physics. Do i have any chance of getting an offer from Warwick of any similar unis if i apply? and is physics worth retaking? I am hoping to be predicted ABB :/
thanks x

History at Warwick requires AAAc. Try using www.whatuni.com to find somewhere a bit more realistic.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
thank you :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
History at Warwick requires AAAc. Try using www.whatuni.com to find somewhere a bit more realistic.

if i get 3 A's and apply via clearing will i have a shot? of i the C at as level a must have??
Reply 4
if i get 3 A's and apply via clearing will i have a shot? of i the C at as level a must have??

Yeah I have a friend who got an E but he got ABB for biochemistry and they took him so they say it but don't always mean it.

Even if the course ends up in clearing, history is very competitive. You still have another year, right? See what grades you're predicted and go from there. If you have your heart set on Warwick, it's worth at least trying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got in through adjustment.

adjustment needed AAB rather than the usual AAB.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IllmaticDragon

Posted from TSR Mobile

AAB instead of AAB? What?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

you mean instead of AAA? is adjustment the same thing as clearing???
you mean instead of AAA? is adjustment the same thing as clearing???

Not at all. Adjustment is where you have the chance to 'trade up' if you meet and exceed your firm offer. Clearing is (usually) where you have missed both your firm and your insurance and are looking for places lower down.
Reply 10
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Not at all. Adjustment is where you have the chance to 'trade up' if you meet and exceed your firm offer. Clearing is (usually) where you have missed both your firm and your insurance and are looking for places lower down.

so would that mean if i applied for the ancient history course, and exceed/meet my offer i could possibly get in through adjustment?
Reply 11
if i even get an offer that is... i know its a long shot
so would that mean if i applied for the ancient history course, and exceed/meet my offer i could possibly get in through adjustment?

If the university is participating in adjustment and for that course. It's more of a mystery about what's in adjustment, because no official lists are published and you have to call up the university on spec and ask if they are interested in you.
Reply 13
Reply 14

Posted from TSR Mobile

did u get into warwick? and for what subject??
did u get into warwick? and for what subject??

Yeah, history

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
ahh thats good to hear :smile: thank you
Reply 17
With those results & predicted grades it's very unlikely you'd get an offer but you could still try. However, as many others have mentioned, if you got AAA at A2 you could try and get into Warwick via adjustment.
Reply 18
THANK YOU!! x
Reply 19

was there accomodation in halls available for you when you applied, or had they run out of space by that point?

Quick Reply

Latest