The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

OU Open Computing

Hello I already have a certificate in computing and seriously considering transferring to the OU. Is there anyone out there who is doing any of the M, T and TT courses.?

Here are some of the subjects of interest.

TT280
TT281
TT381
TT282
M263
TT380
M257
M359
M254

I am also very interested in T228 but the prerequiste labs are not available in my locality.

I have found the local university and colleges at best offer rote learning with a piece of paper at the end and at worst tyranical in terms lecturing and assesments.

I understand on the positives side the OU course materials have a very high standard enough to compensate for the lack of support offered by normal universities.

Most of the courses described above I have already covered and thus only consolidating on.

My main concern is the time it would take versus my work comitments. I am one of those guys who takes some time for the information to bed in. From the point of view of OU guidelines I should not take more than 60 per year which means it will take two years longer to get my degree than the normal universities.

Also worried about the tight marking schemes TMA's and exam.

What about coming to OU with an ordinary degree to take honours degree at OU...Is it possible to do C39 and use all points towards an honours degree? Keep in mind the three modules are level 2 courses and it is stated that you must earn 120 exclusively from level 3 courses in order to go from ordinary degree to honours degree.
Reply 1
Hello again, in case people rather mention thier experiences confidentially you can drop me a line at [email protected]

Common guys I need some impartial feedback as it's very scarce prior to one commiting themselves.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Latest