The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open university access course

Hello!

Can anyone please tell me what the Open University’s Access to Science, Maths and Technology course is like please? Due to start in February next year and I haven’t studied for a while so a bit apprehensive to get back into it.

Would appreciate some opinions.

Thanks!
Original post by njs21
Hello!

Can anyone please tell me what the Open University’s Access to Science, Maths and Technology course is like please? Due to start in February next year and I haven’t studied for a while so a bit apprehensive to get back into it.

Would appreciate some opinions.

Thanks!

I'm not doing the STEM access course but I'm doing a STEM degree (BSc Computing) with the OU. The OU access courses are very introductory and you aren't expected to have any previous knowledge. It's also a way for you to explore distance learning if you've not done it before. The courses are definitely not as intensive as the typical access to HE diplomas offered at colleges. If you've got more questions let me know.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not doing the STEM access course but I'm doing a STEM degree (BSc Computing) with the OU. The OU access courses are very introductory and you aren't expected to have any previous knowledge. It's also a way for you to explore distance learning if you've not done it before. The courses are definitely not as intensive as the typical access to HE diplomas offered at colleges. If you've got more questions let me know.

Thank you for the info!

What are the degree courses like? I understand it won’t be a walk in the park but having not studied for a little while I’m not really sure of my capabilities since being in high school. Are they very hard and complicated? Of course I know everyone and each subject is different but I’m nervous to commit to something like this and then not be able to complete it.

Quick Reply

Latest