The Student Room Group

From London to Nottingham, a 2014 fresher's tale

Scroll to see replies

What's the sims 4 like and how much is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by katenworb
What's the sims 4 like and how much is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The sims 4 is actually pretty good, pretty similar to sims 2, but it has its drawbacks. I preordered the limited edition for under 50 pounds

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
I'm enjoying your blog so far! :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Ndella
I'm enjoying your blog so far! :smile:

Thankyou! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
When's the next update ? Haha
Reply 25
Original post by TheLegalDealer
When's the next update ? Haha í ½í¸‚í ½í¸‚

Haha, i can do an update tonight in fact ! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
So all my things are here and unpacked, which isn't a surprise. I just cant be bothered. I've got 6 whole days to sort out my room and make it look homely and girly so it can wait 😂

Two of my flatmates moved in today, and the other two will come on Wednesday :biggrin: at the moment, things in my halls are pretty dead, barely anyone else has moved in so it's like a ghost town around here.

There's a couple international students and some other guys and girls who i met today too, they were all chilling and drinking together but thats not really my scene so i didn't stay there for long.
I like my flatmates though, i feel like we'll be pretty close, we're quite alike in some ways so I'm happy about that. I just cant wait for my girl Chandanee to move in 😂 I've never met her in real life, we got speaking on TSR Facebook and twitter, and she seems real cool and like she's the life of the party so I'm excited to meet her soon :smile:

The city site open day at NTU was really lovely, i love the Newton building, it is so modern. I fell asleep in my best friend's law lecture, and i apologised to the lecturer because i felt bad, because we were sat in the first row 😂 regarding the accommodation, my favourite that i saw was gill street south and Byron, they were modern but the rooms were kinda narrow, but still nice. I'm happy with my cute riverside point accommodation :smile:

As for tonight, tomorrow and the rest of the week until next Friday, I'll just be unpacking, exploring nottingham, meeting other people in my accommodation and getting used to my surroundings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
My mum finally left today and i didn't cry! Bonus! Today I've done some unpacking and went out with my mum to an American breakfast diner, and to do some last minute food shopping at sainsburys. Then she left, and i chilled in my room before there was a knock on our flat door!

Two lovely girls knocked and introduced themselves and told us that there was free pizza downstairs so obviously myself and my roommate headed off to get some. We chilled in the common room downstairs for a couple of hours playing pool, table football and getting to know eachother :smile:

I've just gone back up to my room, i have no clue what I'm going to eat for dinner but later on I'll go downstairs to the common room again to chill out with the other students :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
how many flatmates do you have?

I helped my friend move his stuff to uni yesterday (cass business school-30mins away from home), we unpacked and introduced ourselves to his other flatmates(he had 3 other). his lounge was quite small with just a couch, dining area and cooking area but no TV

they had 2 bathroom and toilet to share between 4 people which wasn't that bad
Reply 29
Original post by precious maro

I helped my friend move his stuff to uni yesterday (cass business school-30mins away from home), we unpacked and introduced ourselves to his other flatmates(he had 3 other). his lounge was quite small with just a couch, dining area and cooking area but no TV

I have four other flat mates, there's five in total including me. We each have en suite bathrooms and a kitchen with a dining area to share

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chynyel_e
I have four other flat mates, there's five in total including me. We each have en suite bathrooms and a kitchen with a dining area to share

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you guys have a tv?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
No but we have a TV in our common room that is for all students

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looking forward to another update:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh I see, sounds like you are enjoying yourself though so that's good
Original post by precious maro

Liberty Court. Moved in yesterday. Sharing with 3 others, only one other has arrived. 2 small bathrooms a kitchen area, a couch and no TV :lol:
Hey hope your enjoying it so far! I start nottingham trent on the 22nd but live in nottingham, if you want any info about places or anything message me :smile: x
Reply 36
Original post by beth_lucia
Hey hope your enjoying it so far! I start nottingham trent on the 22nd but live in nottingham, if you want any info about places or anything message me :smile: x

Hey, thankyou, I'm loving it here :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
I am so so so so sorry for the late post! I've been extremely busy with settling in and stuff but i think I'm finally okay now!

My room is all cute with fairy lights and pictures around my mirror and notice board, and my colour scheme is all cute and green, even though i was incredibly disappointed that i was allocated with the room that has a dark blue ugly wall.

Freshers officially starts tomorrow and I'm looking forward to enrolling! I'm also looking forward to my first night out in a club with flatmates :smile:

Yesterday Chandanee moved in and i felt like i knew her for like, forever haha! Also, my flatmates and i went to our first flat party :biggrin: it was pretty cool, music was goooood etc etc and Chandanee got drunk, it was so hilarious. I ate tagliatelle before we went and after i ended up cooking a plate of garlic mushrooms while she moaned and praised her noodles at the same time.

Today, i took part in an intense game of pool with a guy called Kamran, i only met him yesterday but it feels like I've known him forever :biggrin: the game lasted 45 mins (facepalm) then a whole bunch of us went out to the city centre. First we went to Pizza Hut and had a buffet, where i had 9 slices of pizza and the bill ended up just under a hundred quid for ten of us . Then we went to the Victoria shopping centre to buy some fancy dress bits and bobs for our beach party, Trent army and UV rave. Last but not least we went to primark and bought some cheap crap too.

On the way back we ended up waiting 45mins for a Unite bus (ffs) and by the time we got back we were all on the verge of collapsing due to tiredness. On the plus side we found out where our local dominoes is.

I've noticed that I've been tired every single day since i moved to nottingham and I've barely done anything. Imagine how knackered I'll be during freshers!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Aww you're making me excited!
Reply 39
Original post by Ndella
Aww you're making me excited!

Are you going To NTU? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending