The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

17 during freshers week!

Hi! This is my first time posting here, so I'm sorry if this ends up somewhere else. But as the title says I'm going to uni in September and ill be 17 during freshers which sucks cause i really want to go out clubbing and enjoy the night!

My friend got extra tickets to a bunch of events and clubs for the first week of uni and she asked if I wanted to go so, I was gonna ask is the whole ID scene really strict in Nottingham? I do have a fake but some of the clubs and venues have an ID scanner like NGONE but im not sure if they use it in freshers week. So if anyone has been in the same boat or knows anything about the whole ID thing please let me know id love to hear!!

I just wouldn't wanna stay in my dorm doing nothing while everybody's out..
Reply 1
I've heard from other 17yr olds that they've managed to go out and fully integrate into student life so I'm sure it will be ok.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Are you starting uni a year early? Usually people turn 18 by 31st August, so at least a couple of weeks before freshers week.
I guess you won't really be able to do anything involving alcohol or night clubbing, but you can join in with other activities I suppose.
Original post by Mistyyy0
I've heard from other 17yr olds that they've managed to go out and fully integrate into student life so I'm sure it will be ok.

I've heard from other 17s that they've been knocked back and couldn't go clubbing so I'm sure it won't be ok. (since wee are dealing in such absolutes :tongue: )
Reply 4
they’re going to be extra strict with id during freshers week, because that’s when a lot of people try to get in by trying to ‘fit in’ with the university students
Reply 5
Original post by Mistyyy0

Ah thank you! I needed to hear this!!
Reply 6
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Are you starting uni a year early? Usually people turn 18 by 31st August, so at least a couple of weeks before freshers week.
I guess you won't really be able to do anything involving alcohol or night clubbing, but you can join in with other activities I suppose.

Yep! I changed schools and this changing educational systems and got put a year ahead so I end up graduating at 17
Reply 7
Original post by StriderHort
I've heard from other 17s that they've been knocked back and couldn't go clubbing so I'm sure it won't be ok. (since wee are dealing in such absolutes :tongue: )

XD hopefully it all ends up well!
Reply 8
Original post by okayykayy
they’re going to be extra strict with id during freshers week, because that’s when a lot of people try to get in by trying to ‘fit in’ with the university students

Makes sense that would happen I would assume a lot of kids would try their luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending