The Student Room Group

From London to Nottingham, a 2014 fresher's tale

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Also my aunt and uncle bought me a couple flat warming presents which consist of luxury items students would dream of affording.

Olive oil, salt and pepper shakers, mango, avocado and giant scissors 😂
The mangos in my room are really ripe now and so my entire room smells cute like mangos

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by chynyel_e
Are you going To NTU? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No but I did get an offer there :smile: you're getting me excited for finally starting uni that's all lol :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by Ndella
No but I did get an offer there :smile: you're getting me excited for finally starting uni that's all lol :smile:

Aw cool, and you're welcome? Haha :smile: hope it all goes well for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
It just dawned on me, at 6am in the morning, that i haven't done my pre arrival task. I dont even know how to study anymore 😖

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh, I'm at NTU too ,so excited for today. Im studying Physics with Forensic Applications. So might see you in some Lectures? If a crazy person runs up to you at clifton today thats probably me! I don't live in halls or anything I live out so wondering if I'm gonna make any friends! I wouldn't worry about pre arrival, I haven't done mine either!
Reply 45
Original post by DownInUpendi
Ahh, I'm at NTU too ,so excited for today. Im studying Physics with Forensic Applications. So might see you in some Lectures? If a crazy person runs up to you at clifton today thats probably me! I don't live in halls or anything I live out so wondering if I'm gonna make any friends! I wouldn't worry about pre arrival, I haven't done mine either!

Heyyyy and cool! There's a guy at my accommodation called Connor doing the exact same course as you, so you should see him around too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by chynyel_e
Heyyyy and cool! There's a guy at my accommodation called Connor doing the exact same course as you, so you should see him around too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

And by the way you'll definitely make friends! Just make an effort to go out with your course buddies outside of your timetable :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
awesome! I'm hoping to meet people on my course on monday in welcome week. Don't know if you've seen your timetable yet, and i guess connor will have same as me, but I'm so happy i get wednesdays completely off .:smile:
Reply 48
Original post by DownInUpendi
awesome! I'm hoping to meet people on my course on monday in welcome week. Don't know if you've seen your timetable yet, and i guess connor will have same as me, but I'm so happy i get wednesdays completely off .:smile:

Yeah I've seen my timetable, it varies every single week, mine isn't too bad actually :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mines the same each week, bar one week which is different!
Reply 50
So yesterday was the beginning of freshers!

I went to the Clifton campus with a bunch of other people from my accommodation to enrol, get my student card and annual bus pass. My picture on my NTU card is bloody ugly </3

On the long bus journey back from Clifton, we met a guy from Leeds who told us his life story (awks), and we met a girl who needed to come to riverside point with us to see her friend, so all was good.

When i got home i had to nap because i was bloody tired and i know i wouldn't have survived clubbing if i didn't sleep.

I got ready for half 8 so that i could go downstairs to the courtyard for pre drinks, where stuff got prettyyyyy interesting with a game of 'never have i ever'. All i had to drink last night was about just under half a bottle of bulmers, and i called it a night 😂 i noticed there was vomit on the wall of the staircase, the night hadn't even bloody started and people were already wasted smh.

The bus came to pick us up at 11, and on the way there our freshers reps taught us some Trent chants. Got to the club and the bouncer flipping took my bottle of water which was also upsetting LOL. Got inside the club, it was packed as hell but really fun, everyone was just drinking chilling dancing and genuinely having a good time. Most of the music was pretty crap but that didn't stop me from shaking a leg or two :smile: Chandanee and i ended up leaving the club at around 1.15 because we were just so shattered, so we went to Burger King, where a woman in her forties was pretty tipsy and applauding us for wearing flats instead of heels on a night out. We got a night bus home and that was the end of the first night of fresherssssss! Wasn't so bad at all :')

Tonight we have a beach party which I'm also looking forward to. But as for now, I've just come back from lidl, where i bought 9 loo rolls, smoked salmon, milk, spinach, mushrooms and garlic bread, and I've just finished having a prestigious lunch: smoked salmon and avocado on toast. You wouldn't think i am a student would you? Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
I know it's been a long long time and all i can do is apologise! But i have been incredibly busy with life so far, but it's all treating me well!

Right, now let me start from where i left off.

The beach party at Ocean was amazingggg! The music was all good, everybody was having a great timeee, i found a Tenner and one pound on the floor (yay for clubs and drunk students). I had to help my drunk big friendly giant friend out though because he was trying to kiss all the girls! I sat him down and got him lots of water, he kept saying thankyou, even though he was drunk i knew he appreciated my work :')

The next day, Sunday, i mostly lazed around in bed, and we had a neighbour over in our kitchen because he needed help with his pre arrival uni task. He ended up writing 2 lines instead of an essay, and he also washed my dishes (with a lot of begging from me first) so all was good. Apart from the fact that i could feel myself coming down with a sore throat. Never the less, I went to an event called that night called Trent army, which was at Rock City. We were really early so it was crap, but then the music started to pick up and so did the amount of people that came! It was a good night but not as good as the night before. Ocean had to be my favourite night so far!

Monday was the day my induction at NTU officially started, it was a pretty long day, starting from 9:45 to 5 i think, and it was also a pretty crap day too because i fell asleep during most of my lectures. Also, my 'freshers flu' hit me full on, so i wasn't feeling in my best state. Because of that, i didn't go out Monday night.

The next day at uni was even worse because it was a 9-5 day, and i had about a 3 hour break. I couldn't go home because by the time i went home i would've had to come back, and also, chilling at The Point for hours on end was just boring as hell, although i did meet some nice girls on my course who i chilled out with for a while. I had my superlab induction, where i was given my lab coat and locker keys so that was fun. That same day was the freshers fair too. I just got bombarded by people who wanted me to sign up to societies and stuff. I signed up to dodgeball (dont ask why), gymnastics, the Afro Caribbean society, swimming, scuba diving, some church stuff (i was targeted by these people and i didn't really want to join). I ate free pizza and got loads of freebies. I also bought a pack of playing cards for 75p! It was a longggg day and i was so glad to get home, but i still didn't go out that night because my cold had gotten worse.

Wednesday, aka yesterday! My hours at uni were much shorter yesterday (yes!) and it was a much more interactive day, where i met my personal tutor, had an IT induction, and another induction in the superlab for the Samsung tablets. The day pretty much flew by, plus i was feeling much better, cold wise, so i decided to go out that night. Before i went out, i went to a flat to have dinner because a couple of us were invited. It was really cute, dinner was lovely and it was a great bonding experience :') moving onto last night, we went to a club called Oceana, and the theme was cops and robbers. I just came in a black and white stripy dress and dr martens. The night was crap in the beginning because we arrived early again, but after a while it got really good. i found a pound again on the floor, and the smoke machines blasted some crazy smoke! It made everyone's hair go in different directions, it was kind of like a blizzard. But yes, Chandanee and i got a cab home after we decided to call it a night, and i headed off to bed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was my pound I dropped, can I have it back please?

So many clubs and stuff in Nottingham, there's still probably 10 you haven't visited yet.
Original post by Ndella

Hey I know its like really late. I just saw your messages, I totally feel the same!! Even though its been 3 months my flat is kinda rubbish haven't really met the right people which is really frustrating. If you wanna be friends and hang out sometimes let me know! I am really easy going and friendly and i am from London! I just wanna make the most of the year and have lots of fun at NTU:smile: My twitter is Sarah Sophia@sarah_sop

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending