The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Enlli / Environmental Conservation

Ph
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
I am studying Enviromental Conservation but I am in Garth, I don't imagine the course has that many so meeting others in the same halls may be harder
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
gk
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Soppphieeee
Oh great stuff! I loved how most people starting uni courses have lists of things they need to get such as stationary, and ours is like; walking boots, waterproof trousers, binoculars etc :smile: Lots of time outside. You looking forward to starting?

Yeah, but I am wondering about what the hell we are actually going to be doing, because a cousin who is studying there but in a different course, described it as a '9 too 5' course. It is starting to sound like an expedition rather than a course lol, but it has got to be fun
Reply 4
Hmm
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Hmm that's intriguing, 9 o clock starts will be a shock to the system though! First semester spending time in Snowdonia will be a treat, I went to Bangor once apparently as a kid and not been since so it's all gonna be a surprise to me course, location, everything ha, where you coming from?

I am not sure if he actually meant those times or was comparing it to a job. Sounds like it actually may be like that though, because if we have to go Snowdonia often then it is not going to be a simple walk down and back.

I have been Bangor once as a kid, don't remember much though to make a good judgement :s

I am coming from the NW, widnes, you?
Reply 6
Tc
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Ahh I see. well it's gonna be interesting however it is i reckon, I still need to get walking boots etc not sure my trainers will cut it. It's meant to be pretty beautiful round there though and not far from zip world velocity which i'm looking forward to haha, and bounce below big trampolines in an old slate mine with light shows - should probably be more focused on the course but still gotta enjoy the tourist life :smile:

Ahh not too far from me, I'm coming from Manchester

You will need to get the walking boots, they are at least £30. If you don't get them you will either fall down some hillside, or may have to cope with a ruined pair of muddy and wet trainers.

You can focus on both, weekends exist lol. And supposedly first year is mainly just to get you used to it anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest