The Student Room Group

Work experience for Environmental science

Does anyone know, any work experience for environmental science near Belfast? I am want to gain some knowledge about environmental science for university degree in 2025?
You don’t need work experience to apply for academic degrees like environmental science. Work experience won’t benefit your application compared to academic research and reading.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You don’t need work experience to apply for academic degrees like environmental science. Work experience won’t benefit your application compared to academic research and reading.

Oh, ok thank u for the tips
Original post by Sbhattad17
Does anyone know, any work experience for environmental science near Belfast? I am want to gain some knowledge about environmental science for university degree in 2025?

Hi there,

I thought I would add to this thread because I'm an ecology and conservation student and I found that work experience was actually really helpful for my application/personal statement! It isn't necessary but it shows that you are enthusiastic about your chosen subject and gives you relevant skills so I would definitely recommend. I volunteered at local wildlife charities and the RSPCA for a couple of years before uni.

As for Belfast, I'm afraid I don't know any specific places, but I would recommend just searching volunteering opportunities near you, or if you have any charities/work places in mind, then you can have a look at their websites or contact them for more information.

Hope that's helpful!
Chloe
(Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Reply 4
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi there,

I thought I would add to this thread because I'm an ecology and conservation student and I found that work experience was actually really helpful for my application/personal statement! It isn't necessary but it shows that you are enthusiastic about your chosen subject and gives you relevant skills so I would definitely recommend. I volunteered at local wildlife charities and the RSPCA for a couple of years before uni.

As for Belfast, I'm afraid I don't know any specific places, but I would recommend just searching volunteering opportunities near you, or if you have any charities/work places in mind, then you can have a look at their websites or contact them for more information.

Hope that's helpful!
Chloe
(Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Thank you so much for your response
Hello!
Many companies have offices all over the country so it would simply be a case of looking on the companies website where their offices are. It is also possible to get online work experience with some companies, which might be worth looking into if you're unable to travel long distances for work experience. Volunteering can also be valuable work experience which you can put on your CV, especially if done with a number of organisations. I did this in the summer between my first and second year as it allows you to be flexible with time whilst still gaining experience.

Thanks, Lucy (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending