The Student Room Group

Work experience for environmental science

I want to do a degree in environmental science, but I'm stuck as to where to get some work experience for it?? Any ideas? I live in Wiltshire so would ideally want a placement near me.
Reply 1
Most National Trust places do volunteering, as would local parks and any conservation/nature centres near you? That would help if you're interested at all in conservation or environmental management. I've done it with the national trust for my application for ENVsci, they seemed to like it at the interview. It's really hard to find work experience relevant!
Have a look at www.do-it.org.uk for opportunities near you. They often have organisations where they need volunteers for conservation work.
Reply 3
Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~

Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~
Have a look at www.do-it.org.uk for opportunities near you. They often have organisations where they need volunteers for conservation work.

anyone have any ideas for same sort of experience near Slough/Windsor??
Reply 4
Original post by winningjojo
anyone have any ideas for same sort of experience near Slough/Windsor??
Try your local wildlife trust, groundwork or BTCV branch. There may be some council schemes looking for volunteers as well. One of them especially BTCV should be able to find you something.
Reply 5
Original post by Nitebot

Original post by Nitebot
Try your local wildlife trust, groundwork or BTCV branch. There may be some council schemes looking for volunteers as well. One of them especially BTCV should be able to find you something.

Thanks. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by halina1
I want to do a degree in environmental science, but I'm stuck as to where to get some work experience for it?? Any ideas? I live in Wiltshire so would ideally want a placement near me.

same however i live in Antrim
Reply 7
Original post by halina1

same however i live in Antrim

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending