what is business studies like?

Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by STUDYREVISE
what do you learn about?
is it enjoyable?
is it easy?
is there more coursework to exams?

Heya, I'm going to put this in the Business and Management forum for you as you should get more responses there. :smile:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=111
Reply 2
Original post by STUDYREVISE
what do you learn about?
is it enjoyable?
is it easy?
is there more coursework to exams?

I enjoy business studies as you learn how businesses operate, and you learn about various operational functions of businesses.

I think it's considered an easy subject with more coursework than exams.
Reply 3
If you mean at University level, then it's easy to pass (most Universities want a high pass rate...) but don't believe people who tell you that the subject itself is easier than anything else. Business studies today draws on psychology, sociology, anthropology, philosophy and economics to understand anything from how business affects society, to how (and why) people respond to particular stimuli.

To get a First class degree, you need to put a lot of work in. For my final year I studied 10-12 hours per day on average. However, if you're less competitive and "just" want a First, you could get away with half that, assuming you've got a decent enough nut between your shoulders. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending