The Student Room Group

Student broadband

I'm moving into a house with 5 other people in a couple of weeks. None of us know much about broadband so we are struggling to find a suitable package. Do you think that 50mb is sufficient for six users? Do you think that the small amount extra that Virgin charge is justified when compared to BT?

Thanks!
Will
Reply 1
50mb wouldn't even last one person, if they watch movies online and that..

unlimited would be your best option, especially with five people
Reply 2
Sorry I should have mentioned it would be 50mb per second! But you have still answered a question I needed to ask! Thanks
Original post by Joshale

I'm guessing they meant 50mbps download speed. Not data usage cap.
Reply 4
Original post by Joshale

Lol you thought she meant 50mb data limit?
That's a single YouTube video. :lol:
Reply 5
Original post by yellowcopter
I'm guessing they meant 50mbps download speed. Not data usage cap.

Opps :facepalm:
Reply 6
Original post by parryw
I'm moving into a house with 5 other people in a couple of weeks. None of us know much about broadband so we are struggling to find a suitable package. Do you think that 50mb is sufficient for six users? Do you think that the small amount extra that Virgin charge is justified when compared to BT?

Thanks!
Will

Deffo justified I have just got Virgin Media broadband and its great i'm on 100mb and getting 102mb. Great for multiple users. if you are still looking i rang 01744739393 and they sorted it out for me. where i moved had already had so got free install as i could set up myself. Deffo worth the xtra money as guarenteed speed!!!!!
Seeing as my family's house of 5 people survived the last 10 years on a 1.5 mbps line...yes lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending